Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

To the devs. Question/suggestion on pvp

Chiefwilliams
Chiefwilliams
✭✭✭
Wasn't sure where else to post this as it includes pve dungeons and pvp. But I think it would be very beneficial to include a dungeon of the same mechanics as darkness falls in DAoC. I know some of the devs worked on that game and a lot of AvA is modeled after that game as well. But one major factor that created the amount of pride people had for their faction was being able to claim that dungeon for their faction to access. It had boosted exp, better quality gear for people to obtain while leveling and very unique encounters that went very deep into the bottom of the dungeon where not a lot of people managed to even see without a very large well coordinated group. And my personal favorite aspect was when another faction took control of it and you would have massive pvp battles and form competitive rivalries among each other if you survived long enough in there under another factions control picking people off. I used to love hunting down other players who would become known for it.

Anyway, would just like to hear a devs thoughts on this and if there is or ever will be any plans for it. Thank you
  • ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭
    I never played DAoC... Just the failed WAR. :P but that does sound like an awesome feature. I would LOVE to see something like that in the game.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a lot of speculation that this is precisely what the Imperial City will end up being.

Certainly the latest trailer makes it clear it's overrun with a faction that is not player run.
    Edited by Shimond on April 11, 2014 4:23PM
  • Kiash
    Kiash
    ✭✭✭
    Darkness Falls style dungeons should be coming. I believe they have mentioned this before, but if not, I fully support a DF style dungeon in Cyrodiil.
  • Kingslayer
    Kingslayer
    ✭✭✭
    Shimond wrote: »
    There is a lot of speculation that this is precisely what the Imperial City will end up being.

Certainly the latest trailer makes it clear it's overrun with a faction that is not player run.

This would be the imperial faction, run by abnur tharns kid.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kingslayer wrote: »
    This would be the imperial faction, run by abnur tharns kid.

Is that who's in the siege trailer? I thought it was Mannimarco and his gang.
  • Chiefwilliams
    Chiefwilliams
    ✭✭✭
    As long as it doesn't just kick you out when another faction takes it I'll be happy. I had a lot of fun trying to see how long I could survive while picking people off. And having people begin to recognize me and try to hunt me down everytime. Made fun rivalries
  • Chiefwilliams
    Chiefwilliams
    ✭✭✭
    Bump, but if the imperial city is to be that then I'm ok with it. I'm just afraid it might not be used as much for pve as DF was since that was accessible from within your faction territory and didn't have to worry about pvp. Had all kinds of different walks of life in there which made it very diverse. Each faction entered it from a different side of the dungeon and to even get to another factions side required you to be high level.