Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

enchanting

alexander.373b16_ESO
alexander.373b16_ESO
Soul Shriven
whenever i finish questing in a zone i leave with my enchanting at a to low level. i am finding it difficult to level my enchanting when i need to make/deconstruct green or higher items when i am having trouble finding green aspect runes.

this is not a complain thread. i simply would like to know your opinion on enchanting or any tips if i am going at it wrong.
  • dannomite82
    dannomite82
    ✭✭
    I find that enchanting is painfully slow to level. I generally leap for joy when I gain a skillpoint from a book. It seems you don't get much for constructing or deconstructing unless you discover a new rune word :P
    Holgrum put some pants on. Holgrum heal me I'm dying. Nag... Nag... Nag...
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    Aspect runes are buggers. I'm hoping more points in hirelings later helps with that.
  • dannomite82
    dannomite82
    ✭✭
    The worst is finally finding an aspect rune node and getting a blue or purple out of it that you're not high enough skilled to use. Bitter sweet find indeed.
    Holgrum put some pants on. Holgrum heal me I'm dying. Nag... Nag... Nag...
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    II level up enchanting relatively fast . The thing I really dislike is the max level on enchants though. I should be allowed to put a crappy level 20 rune on my lvl 30 gear If I wanted.The way it is now I must always wait for that rare rune which may or not drop before I must change my gear again.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Danarchist
    Danarchist
    ✭✭
    I hate that you get tons of every rune except aspect, it makes an already annoying craft more annoying
  • Dracovar
    Dracovar
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, enchanting is broken. I spend way more time trying to level it and yet it lags way behind my other profession. If it wasn't for luckily finding three skill books yesterday, my enchanting would be level 9 while my blacksmithing sits at 18 with hardly any effort, and my wife's provisioning is 50! They really need to fix this. And don't tell me that I need to find another enchanter and send them my mats to have them make glyphs that they can send back to me so I can deconstruct, while I create glyphs from their mats for them to deconstruct. How ridiculous to expect someone to have to jump through all these pain in the @$$ hoops when NO other profession requires you to do this. For now, I'm saving all my runes and glyphs and will pick back up after they fix this.
  • alexander.373b16_ESO
    alexander.373b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Dracovar wrote: »
    I agree, enchanting is broken. I spend way more time trying to level it and yet it lags way behind my other profession. If it wasn't for luckily finding three skill books yesterday, my enchanting would be level 9 while my blacksmithing sits at 18 with hardly any effort, and my wife's provisioning is 50! They really need to fix this. And don't tell me that I need to find another enchanter and send them my mats to have them make glyphs that they can send back to me so I can deconstruct, while I create glyphs from their mats for them to deconstruct. How ridiculous to expect someone to have to jump through all these pain in the @$$ hoops when NO other profession requires you to do this. For now, I'm saving all my runes and glyphs and will pick back up after they fix this.

i agree and even the other players enchantment has to be green+ for me to get decent experience when deconstructing
  • Anthony45122
    Anthony45122
    ✭✭✭
    Dracovar wrote: »

Actually you are best off doing this for every profession except provisioning. Deconstructing something you made yourself gives about 10% exp. Deconstructing something made by another player gives 100% exp. So by limiting yourself by not trading with others you are losing 90% exp. I do this with woodworking, clothing, and enchanting. My provisioning is already 50. I have partners to swap with for each of those professions. If you don't feel like doing that then continue to level up very slowly. You are not forced to do it this way it is simply much quicker and effective. Making 10 glyphs, 30 runes to get the same exp as deconstructing one from another person just seems silly.
    Edited by Anthony45122 on April 11, 2014 6:38PM