Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Foreign Letters

Kezac
Kezac
Soul Shriven
Hi very short, Thanks for a great game so far!
I'm just wondering, in the danish alphabet we gave Æ Ø Å 3 extra letters, currently you have Æ in the chat system, is there any chance that we could get the last two letters aswell ? :)
  • Xetjar
    Xetjar
    Having foreign letters in the game might be troublesome incase you need to report someone with it, or invite them to something and you don't have a "Danish" keyboard.
  • Kezac
    Kezac
    Soul Shriven
    That is true Xetjar, but you dont need to be able to use the letters in the names, just in the chat.
    But you are very right the kind of letters used in names in other mmo's are increasingly anoing with the amount of players in a game that want the same name.
    It shouldn't be put into use in name creation
  • Starnes
    Starnes
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really see a big issue with it, even when it comes to character names, the more options and flexibility to the better. It also makes the game more welcoming to other cultures.

I also never type out a character name that needs to be reported and I can't imagine anybody would need to so that's a moot point.
    Edited by Starnes on April 12, 2014 10:27AM
  • snigernissen
    snigernissen
    ✭✭
    wierd thing is æ is there.... but ø and å isnt ??? how come you put in one of them but not the other 2 ???

71-229_nosense.gif
  • bibihest
    bibihest
    They could easily block the special letters in user names, but allow us to use them in chat. It's really annoying to miss 2 out of 3 letters that are actually used alot.

There is NO reason why they shouldn't work.