Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Feedback on Lack of General Auction House

Gedalya
Gedalya
✭✭✭✭✭
I've seen a lot of discussions on the lack of a general Auction House; typically negative commentaries suggesting this is a major problem. While I've played games such as WoW and LOTRO with a general Auction House, I've never found them to be critical for enjoying the game; or even a necessity. Public Auction Houses have struck me as great features; but hardly a requirement for an MMO design. Am I alone in this sentiment? I'm fine with the current system in ESO regarding Guilds.

Please provide constructive feedback on regarding if you would like to see a public Auction House or otherwise.
Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • MysticAura
    MysticAura
    ✭✭✭
    I've always disliked and avoided AH's in game. They make it way too easy to get things you'd normally have to make an effort to get. They get riddled with people under-cutting each other which destroys the market after a time anyway. However I'm probably a minority in a world that seems to want everything NOW and without effort of any kind.
  • Lonestryder
    Lonestryder
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, this hobby was getting a little stale of late. It's surprisingly refreshing to learn new things and get out of the comfort zone I had no idea was so stubbornly ingrained in my psyche.

I'll adapt to whatever the game throws my way and work it out.
    Edited by Lonestryder on April 11, 2014 3:09PM
  • Kiash
    Kiash
    ✭✭✭
    Gedalya wrote: »
    I've seen a lot of discussions on the lack of a general Auction House; typically negative commentaries suggesting this is a major problem. While I've played games such as WoW and LOTRO with a general Auction House, I've never found them to be critical for enjoying the game; or even a necessity. Public Auction Houses have struck me as great features; but hardly a requirement for an MMO design. Am I alone in this sentiment? I'm fine with the current system in ESO regarding Guilds.

Please provide constructive feedback on regarding if you would like to see a public Auction House or otherwise.

There are 3 threads about this on the front page right now. I'd recommend reading them to gauge how people feel about it. If you actually count the posts, it's a small amount of the same player's complaining about the lack of an AH, the overwhelming sentiment of unique posters favors the current system over a centralized AH.
  • JohnD212
    JohnD212
    ✭✭✭
    In a game where the average repair cost is 100 to 500 gold and decent mounts cost like 47,000 gold it's AH or Gold sellers. The crafting system is so complex it's a shame you have no decent way to sell your items. Guild store?? LOL...it's good at the start of the game but if you find a decent guild that isn't full and try to sell things as a new player, you quickly realize most the guild members are higher leveled and can't be bothered with low level items..even decent blue items. The lack of a way to make decent money is a real shame and honestly, lazy of them. They even had the nerve recently to suggest we log into an external website and list items we want to sell in game. Pathetic if you ask me. Even overlooking the need for a trade channel is inexcusable. I can't wait to see where this leaves the game in 30 to 60 days when the masses have moved to level max and new players have no where to make money. The Gold Sellers are just smiling all the way to the bank on this decision.