The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

A full guide to NIGHTBLADE bloodmage main healing (Ways of the HOTS)

Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
✭✭✭
Ok so im sick of all this ''Templar are the only viable main healer'' joke I solo heal my instance as a nightblade bloodmage healer and since no one seems to bother making a proper guide to healing over time main healing I shall make one.

http://esobuild.com/?MwbgbCCskgjAhgOlgdkY4AjEAWAZgFxiIDGsi88AHAAzAEBMNF1VApgeZSY8mGJgadEeErgZ5YVHCQyQ2DHAE4GySJOmzg8xSqAAAA==

Introduction

By principe a Templar excels at using instantaneous full healing spells wich overheal above 100% of the health (amount healed above 100% are lost). While nightblade healing are not instantaneous it has the advantage of behing stackable and to not heal its full amount on cast but over a duration instead. The principe of nightblade healing is not one of fully healing a health bar over 1 second at the cost of wasting full magicka like Templars but of preventing damage done by preemptive healing with stacked healing over time wich will heal the damage as they are dealth to the team.

The closest MMO comparison between nightblade and Templar healing is the one of druid (progressive healing) and paladins (Full healing) in world of warcraft

Method:

Initiate prior to the fight by casting rapid regeneration twice (if you went for mutagen instead it will still work but regeneration isn't suppose to be your burst healing ability as far as im concerned) so to proc all team member its effect. Cast Funnel health a few time so to stack its effect on the team (its still not proven if the spell stack healing upon itself but as the amount healed over time speed increase with uses In battle I can only assume it does) and regenerate your mana with staff power attack while using refreshing path if needed or casting healing ward if a player gets heavily nuked.

Your player should pretty much overheal any damage dealth to them before it becomes deadly but in time of heavy healing duty don't hesitate to cast healing ward or your aoe HOT either it be refreshing path or healing spring so to heal the full team twicefold when they take a heavy aoe effect. This build has been tested and used in all dungeon so far and has proved to work.

I use Devouring swarm as my ultimate due to the quick recovery of ultimate siphoning provide along with its utherly low ultimate cost and usefull nuking effect but youd be free to use the siphoning elite instead for additional party healing.

What do I wear

Light armor as for any dedicated healer should be what you should use. Try and have a fairly high magicka for your spell without going above the cap

What race should I use

While any race will do the work I would recommend a dark elf a Breton or a high elf due to their magical resistance magicka management and other magical racial ability for an optimal build. Dark elf main advantage is to make vampirism easyer to live with.

Vampire or werewolf

If you can live with the fire weakness then definitively go vampire else don't bother going werewolf its just not worth it in a healer build.

Weaponry?

A dual restoration staff is what you should use
Edited by Kyubi_3002b16_ESO on April 11, 2014 3:12PM
One bow to darken the sun
One bow to unite the clans
One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun