The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Easier way to join guilds

RufusTheHound
RufusTheHound
Soul Shriven
I think that there should be another part of the guilds menu that lists all the guilds, allowing you to easily ask to join a guild, instead of having to wait for someone to notice you or whisper to someone who announced their guild in a city. It should either mean that you can send a request to someone which goes into a special part of the guild menu, or lists the name of the leader so you can send a letter to them, asking for an invite. Zenimax and everyone, please sort this out.
  • FATALjuan
    FATALjuan
    Soul Shriven
    I agree. Not sure how to join one.
    [PSN - john89147 / NA / PST] [PC - FATALjuan / NA / PST]
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FATALjuan wrote: »
    I agree. Not sure how to join one.

Ask someone to invite you. That's how guilds work in most games.

I will agree that a search engine with the ability to PM people with recruitment permissions might be a useful thing, though.
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd prefer if it they didn't waste time working on something that works fine as is. Do you know how many guilds there are in this game? a menu that listed them all would be ridiculously long, especially when it lists guilds that are only there as extra bank space.

They don't need to waste time developing the system you listed when you can easily send a mail to someone in game if they leave their name on the guild recruitment thread, or you can send them a pm with your account information so they can contact you in game or you can post a guild ISO in zone chat or whisper someone that posted in zone chat.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • Erelah
    Erelah
    ✭✭✭✭
    I figured I would celebrate all the thread necromancry by flexing my skills!

Good news thread from April 2014 there is a way to join guilds now.

I apologize Moderator who is locking this thread for wasting your time. Not enough to not hit the post reply button, however I hope it is not to much of a hassle and I hope the rest of your day is pleasant.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erelah wrote: »
    Good news thread from April 2014 there is a way to join guilds now.

UkLTJmL.gif