Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Getting a brand new Alienware Desktop X51 for the game - any tips and suggestions for PvP max FPS!

gokhanuzmez
gokhanuzmez
✭✭
Budget is 1250 Dollars with tax.

Which one do I get for Cyrodiil Massive Battle PvP and keep above 50 fps with high settings.

Please do not suggest other websites or other desktops, it has to be smaller than 14 inches so I can fly with it. ( flying overseas - foreign student status )

Here is the link. http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-x51-r2/pd.aspx

Cant wait to see your suggestions, thank you!
Edited by gokhanuzmez on April 11, 2014 5:52PM
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are going to be lucky to get the performance you are asking for out of any of them. Gaming laptops are not as great as they sound on paper but if that is what you have to work with then it is what it is. I don't think the i7 is really worth it for gaming. You could probably take the second one and throw the graphics card from the third one on and would get the same performance for less money.

If you can swing it I would get the second one (i5) with the GTX 760 in it. That is going to push it to 1200 not sure if you have to pay tax on that or not. I would also get it with Win 7 if I was buying it.

EDIT- Not sure why I thought it was a laptop. I'm hoping you already have the monitor and keyboard/mouse or it will really be pushing it.
    Edited by kitsinni on April 11, 2014 3:26PM
  • mark.markandb16_ESO
    I bought an alienware PC a about 3 years back. I would never buy from them again.
  • ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭
    Your going to get alot of heat for saying alienware :P

Haha. I know cause I always do when I say I have an alienware. But I laugh :pensive:

If you're buying a desktop you should custom build. I bought an alienware laptop. I think there laptops are good for what they do but that is my opinion. Really I just bought an alienware cause I had the spare money, always wanted one, and they are pretty good.
  • DeathTrap
    DeathTrap
    ✭✭
    I would advise against Alienware. I say this as someone that has owned multiple Alienware computers - my last laptop was Alienware as well. They're incredibly overpriced. I'm sure you're aware the best way to go would be to just build your own, so I won't rehash that argument. I'm not sure how their desktops are (I have a Qosmio laptop), but I've been pretty happy with Toshiba.
    Cake is a lie. Pie is truth. Cookies are uncertainty. Muffins are the minions of a false God.
  • gokhanuzmez
    gokhanuzmez
    ✭✭
    kitsinni wrote: »
    You are going to be lucky to get the performance you are asking for out of any of them. Gaming laptops are not as great as they sound on paper but if that is what you have to work with then it is what it is. I don't think the i7 is really worth it for gaming. You could probably take the second one and throw the graphics card from the third one on and would get the same performance for less money.

If you can swing it I would get the second one (i5) with the GTX 760 in it. That is going to push it to 1200 not sure if you have to pay tax on that or not. I would also get it with Win 7 if I was buying it.

EDIT- Not sure why I thought it was a laptop. I'm hoping you already have the monitor and keyboard/mouse or it will really be pushing it.

Yes I have everything, I wasnt sure if I have to have i7 because discussions around shows game uses more CPU than the GPU for some odd reason, I can extend my budget 50 more or less if I have to have that specific graphic card
  • gokhanuzmez
    gokhanuzmez
    ✭✭
    DeathTrap wrote: »
    I would advise against Alienware. I say this as someone that has owned multiple Alienware computers - my last laptop was Alienware as well. They're incredibly overpriced. I'm sure you're aware the best way to go would be to just build your own, so I won't rehash that argument. I'm not sure how their desktops are (I have a Qosmio laptop), but I've been pretty happy with Toshiba.

I can not make a custom mini tower gaming laptop plus I have to worry about putting them together and make sure all works compatible etc. Too much work of a guy with a full time job.

I just want to buy it, install the game and get going right away.
    Alienware is Dell so I dont know why people are all against it.

I was trying go get opinions for gaming laptops for the same price, and all comments are like " ohh dont get a laptop, dont get this etc "

So I guess I cant win lol I just need peoples opinion, thats all.
  • gokhanuzmez
    gokhanuzmez
    ✭✭
    Your going to get alot of heat for saying alienware :P

Haha. I know cause I always do when I say I have an alienware. But I laugh :pensive:

If you're buying a desktop you should custom build. I bought an alienware laptop. I think there laptops are good for what they do but that is my opinion. Really I just bought an alienware cause I had the spare money, always wanted one, and they are pretty good.

Are you playing with an Alienware?
  • ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭
    yup i play on my alienware 17.
  • andrew7447
    Never buy alienmarkup junk, build one or high end pc gaming isn't for you
    CLEVO gaming laptops the only choice, blows alienshit out of the water.
    Edited by andrew7447 on April 11, 2014 6:07PM
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, lots of Alienware hate! Flame on!

Human_Torch.png
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check here: cyberpowerpc.com/.

I just bought a great machine from them; my friend also had one. Also, I had some issues that required Warranty support; they were very responsive.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • gokhanuzmez
    gokhanuzmez
    ✭✭
    d
    yup i play on my alienware 17.

do you mind sharing your settings and specs of your computer and what do you get as fps wise in game ? especially at Cyrodiil
  • gokhanuzmez
    gokhanuzmez
    ✭✭
    Gedalya wrote: »
    Check here: cyberpowerpc.com/.

I just bought a great machine from them; my friend also had one. Also, I had some issues that required Warranty support; they were very responsive.

I appreciate the advice but I am well aware of these, I cant pack them to my backpack and fly overseas man. And these prices are not cheaper than DELL at all lol.

• ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭
    I'm currently at work so this is what i can tell you off the top of my head. not sure of my fps. Haven't checked.

specs are:

Processor: i7. 3.7 ghz with turbo.
    ram: 32 gigs
    video card: Nvidia 780m 4 gigs

I've been playing the game in max setting and been to both cyrodil. It's been running smooth for me no hiccups or anything.
  • Nate
    Nate
    ✭✭✭
    I love how the uber nerds are all like, 'derp build your own'. That was maybe interesting to do in 1999. Nowadays you can get the same parts in a production unit for cost, if not less. So no - you don't have to build it to get a good deal and a nice rig.
  • jesterstear
    jesterstear
    ✭✭✭
    Building your own desktop isn't hard though and it's not even that technical to do these days. If anything goes wrong (the components have longer warranties than come for free on complete systems) you have the ability to fix it. I've worked for computer service companies in the past and I know how we jerk people around sometimes, and all the hidden gotchas we used to stick in the premade systems that meant you couldn't upgrade or they'd not run as fast as they sound on paper or they'd start blowing capacitors and burning out just after the warranty expires.

Maybe they're better now, but i'd still rather build my own even if it cost me more.
  • cubansyrusb16_ESO
    cubansyrusb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    For those prices build your own trust me you wont even spend that much to have a 60 fps + machine
  • SuperScrubby
    SuperScrubby
    ✭✭✭
    A bit ironic that someone is posting in a game forum and saying nerd. Computers now are a lot easier to build than they were in 1999 because of the reference material you have access to.

The parts you tend to get from these premade companies are garbage and have no warranty. Building a computer with quality parts is still cheaper than buying one prebuilt that have some knock off of knock off that have no QC.

The reason why you build is that you can always get a deal on parts from different stores/websites. It takes less than an hour to put a computer together, maybe another 30 minutes to install windows. Not to mention most places take forever to ship their computers. So you're looking at saving a couple hundred bucks at least since its a higher end PC for an hour and a half of work.

I don't know what industry you work in but $133/hr is not bad. Computer building may seem scary because its electronics snapping together, but it's basically the "tech savvy" version of legos. Unless you get a mac, then you're just a ***.
  • magic_is_might
    magic_is_might
    ✭✭✭
    /r/buildapc on Reddit would be better suited for you.
    Sienna Nightsky | Aldmeri Dominion | Nightblade Woodelf
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    Turn all of your settings to low.
  • Chalybos
    Chalybos
    ✭✭✭
    Nate wrote: »
    I love how the uber nerds are all like, 'derp build your own'. That was maybe interesting to do in 1999. Nowadays you can get the same parts in a production unit for cost, if not less. So no - you don't have to build it to get a good deal and a nice rig.

It's still interesting to do. Easy, entertaining, you get to decide what components you put in, AND, assuming that you are somewhat computer literate, you troubleshoot it on your own. Meaning less downtime.

His thing is that he needs a small, low-profile rig. That narrows their options.
  • Orizuru
    Orizuru
    ✭✭✭

I know ten year old kids who have built computers on $500 budgets that are better than any pre-built rig you could buy for less than $1200.

Call me an uber nerd if it makes you feel better about yourself, but please stop giving terrible advice.
  • gokhanuzmez
    gokhanuzmez
    ✭✭

What do you suggest?
  • gokhanuzmez
    gokhanuzmez
    ✭✭
    Kyosji wrote: »
    Turn all of your settings to low.

that actually gave less fps and I almost gone blind