The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please make Provisioning like Alchemy!

mattriddle
Provisioning has to be the least fun crafting skill to do.

There is nothing to do with it. The only time you use it is if you've found a recipe.

Why isn't it more like Alchemy, where you can experiment to find recipes? I'll put some meal with some pork, and it either produces a new recipe or it blows up in my face.

But right now, it's just boring. I hold onto the food items I get, and when my bank gets full, I take them all out, grind out all the items I have recipes for, and toss the rest.

Every other crafting skill is interesting, but Provisioning is just boring, in my opinion.
Streaming ESO twitch.tv/matzimazing M-F Noon-4PM EST
  • Sarezar
    Sarezar
    Soul Shriven
    mattriddle wrote: »
    Every other crafting skill is interesting, but Provisioning is just boring, in my opinion.

Many people think cooking is boring. That's realistic gameplay for you.
  • Chirru
    Chirru
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as they do not Nerf the progress...nice idea.
    However...PvP players live on provisions and wish it to be easy and I agree
    with that.
  • mattriddle
    Arguably, it'd be easier in the system I am suggesting. All you'd have to do is go online and see what combos there are, and you could make them right then without having to find the recipe some where in the world.
    Streaming ESO twitch.tv/matzimazing M-F Noon-4PM EST
  • katamuro11b16_ESO
    I actually cook quite a lot in real life and a lot of time it involves just trying things out. So just having a system where you need to find the recipes and then can only cook from a pool of just three or four ingredients, its just seems very limited and quite boring. Plus recipes are not that easy to find but the ingredients are so even if you dont really want to be a provisioner its extremely easy to level up the skill even with just a couple of recipes.
  • Chomppa
    Chomppa
    ✭✭✭
    They should add fishing into cooking , I actually enjoy cooking a lot .
    :):D:(;):\:o:s:p:'(:|B):#o:)<3 (*) >:)
  • Locke_ESO
    Locke_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I always assumed fishing would be part of the Provision line. Seems kind of a no brainer.
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally like Provisioning the way it is now. Part of the beauty of the three different consumables professions is that they are very different from eachother and from the smithing professions. They are like mini-games unto themselves and I enjoy them.

Provisioning can actually be very true to how cooking is irl, contrary to those saying you can just experiment and see what happens. I will direct you to do some baking. There is a lot of chemistry involved in baking. Remove an ingredient or add too little/ too much and suddenly the cookies you were making turned into scones or brownies instead. Or perhaps your bread didn't rise at all. In the case of baking especially, it really does help to start with a recipe.
    Edited by nudel on April 12, 2014 4:52AM