Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Survivalist Sorcerer

sump
sump
Soul Shriven
Hey guys,
was playing with this kind of a sorc for some time.. But I would like to know what do you think about it, or what you would change on this build. Thanks for replies.

PVE Build Name: Survivalist / Wastelander
Race: Altmer
Class: Sorcerer
Stat Allocation: 16 / 33 / 0
Armor: 5LA & 2HA

Skill set #1 - Offensive
Weapon: 1H & Shield
Ultimate: Overload
1. Crystal Fragments
2. Endless Fury
3. Critical Surge
4. Thundering Presence
5. Dark Conversion / Lightning Flood

Skill set #2 - Defensive
Weapon: Restoration Staff
Ultimate: Absorption Field
1. Illustrious Healing
2. Rapid Regeneration
3. Restraining Prison
4. Thundering Presence
5. Dark Conversion

Generally
This is PvE Build. Thanks to insane MP2 (Altmer +9%, 5LA +20%, mage +10% = +39% magicka regen!) you are still caping mp2, but that also means you still got enough magicka to spam spells. You keep your Thundering Presence up all the time, putting on Critical Surge when you go melee (to save some mana).

Range Offensive
You use Crystal Fragments and Endless Fury to make a lethal combo. Endless Fury (as any other instant spell) has a 35% chance of triggering the fragments ability which means you cast your next Crystal Fragments for 50% magicka and instantly. Once you hit lvl around 35, your passives makes you spamming Endless Fury really cheap and OFTEN - magicka gain for kills only helps sustaining this simple combo.

Close Offensive
Once you know youll have to face more enemies, use Lightning Flood as your 5th skill. Otherwise stick to Dark Conversion! Before combat, never forgot to use Critical Surge and run in! putting on your Thundering Presence. By now you probably dont have much magicka (1/3), but you are buffed, so just run in and kill em with a sword. Reuse Thundering Presence and keep it on. Now you have capped mp2, armor and spell resist with your wpn dmg incerdibly increased. In case you need to deliver a lot of dmg or you are surrounded too much, use Overload. Even tho you should try to throw Endless Furies to kill enemies off.

Defence
In case your enemies are far away, you dont have to swap to skill set #2 and just use Dark Conversion to patch yourself up.
In case there are mobs surrounding you, just swap to skill set #2 and use Restraining Prison, then Rapid Regeneration followed by Dark Conversion. Healed.

Healing
You can even heal dungeons and pretty effectively with this character. Again, Thanks to magicka regen, you can afford to spam healing spells. (you ofc gotta change a skill set bar #2 a bit). Dark conversion ensures that you are not gonna run out of magicka - especially as a healer, where you still have full stamina to sacrifice.

*Looking forward to reading your comments! Thanks
  • Khazaad
    Khazaad
    ✭✭✭
    @sump I don't know much about stat capping except it exists. what sort of losses if any are your stats having... and, do you think it matters?
  • sump
    sump
    Soul Shriven
    Khazaad wrote: »
    @sump I don't know much about stat capping except it exists. what sort of losses if any are your stats having... and, do you think it matters?
    • Well I willl definitely cap MP2 (there will be only a minor loss if managed correctly), Ill also be very close to cap HP2, but probably not capping it
    • I will also keep capping Armor and Spell resist (thanks to Thundering Presence)
    • There is no critical chance cap at all, so no problems with that (Im not having crit anyways..)
    • About capping Max Magicka / Max Health - I can anytime decide to put some attributes into stamina (If I were about to cap either HP or Mgcka) - it will actually only help this build

But I really dont know if it can work end game - coz there is no:
    • Triggered Self Healing Ability (maybe Entropy ?)
    • Critical Chance (neither melee, nor spell)
    • Quick way how to deal a lot of dmg (except Overload..)