Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Where to get blue items?

xshadowclawzz12
Where can I get blue items? I don't mean buy, but loot/obtain. I want to find blue items to deconstruct so I can get dwarven oil (trying to get as many as I can because I want to make an entire set superior). I'm just lvl 11 right now, so if you could tell me a way for a low level character to get blue items that would be nice. Or if it's impossible for someone at my lvl to get blue items without buying them / doing all the quests I can find (doing that already) then at least tell me what lvl I should be before I can farm blue items and how to do it/where. Thank you
  • Castielle
    Castielle
    ✭✭✭
    Start running the dungeons. You're a tad on the low level side for them, but with some practice and a good group you should be fine :)

Cas
  • Hodorius
    Hodorius
    ✭✭✭
    Dont waste this stuff that early!
    You will change your gear really fast due to leveling.

The higher your lvl will be the more blues will drop.
    In my opinion you should stick to greens first.
    From lvl 30 on you can craft blues without having the feeling your wasting your stuff.
  • KariTR
    KariTR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with don't waste it. I have deconstructed blue items only to have the "no useable items" appear.

Most of my blues have come from completed quests and I have had the occasional one drop from a random mob.
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    Generally completing quests. 1 anchor, another the drop in daedra, and just off of random critters.
  • Pixie123
    Pixie123
    World bosses have dropped blueys for me :) also got a random drop of a normal quest mob once but its rare. The only real place your gonna get more than one blue in succesion is dungeons. You can do spindleclutch or equivelent at ur level, join the undaunted and you can do all 3, runs take about 20-30 mins in my experience thats prolly the most viable way i think you are going to find :)
  • ElliottXO
    ElliottXO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hodorius wrote: »

From lvl 30 on you can craft blues without having the feeling your wasting your stuff.

Given the fact that a blue refining material can be sold for 200-250g it's still a waste to craft blue items on level 30.

Buying dropped items is way cheaper.
  • xshadowclawzz12

Didn't know you could craft gear that was already superior or fine. Thanks for the info.
  • xshadowclawzz12
    ElliottXO wrote: »

Given the fact that a blue refining material can be sold for 200-250g it's still a waste to craft blue items on level 30.

Buying dropped items is way cheaper.
    What's blue refining material?

• xshadowclawzz12
    KariTR wrote: »
    Agree with don't waste it. I have deconstructed blue items only to have the "no useable items" appear.

Most of my blues have come from completed quests and I have had the occasional one drop from a random mob.
    I don't care about using the blue gear I find. I only want dwarven oil. I want to be able to make a full crafted set to superior by at least lvl 20.
  • loops73
    loops73
    ✭✭
    just farm bosses in public dungeons, fill you bag with blues in 30 minutes or less
  • xshadowclawzz12
    loops73 wrote: »
    just farm bosses in public dungeons, fill you bag with blues in 30 minutes or less
    I've heard bosses in public dungeons in Auridon doesn't drop blues, is that correct? And do you know where I can find these public dungeons? Maybe you know of a map online that could point to them?

• reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    ive farmed bosses in dungeons and didnt get that many blues, a ton of greens tho. I think its a random drop chance per kill and isnt guaranteed
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
  • LostScot
    LostScot
    ✭✭✭

My experience of this since the game launched is that only the first kill of a boss in a public dungeon will yield a blue drop, all further drops are white, with the occasional green item.
    Craftaholics Guild, established 30th March 2014.

What do we want? Our anniversary goblets and Alfiqi plushies!
    When do we want them? Back in April 2024 when we expected to receive them!
  • xshadowclawzz12
    LostScot wrote: »

My experience of this since the game launched is that only the first kill of a boss in a public dungeon will yield a blue drop, all further drops are white, with the occasional green item.
    Thanks for the info, i'll check out wether or not this is true soon as I just hit lvl 12 and that's when you unlock your first dungeon (the banished cells I believe).
  • LostScot
    LostScot
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for the info, i'll check out wether or not this is true soon as I just hit lvl 12 and that's when you unlock your first dungeon (the banished cells I believe).

Banished Cells isn't a public dungeon, it's a group dungeon. Public dungeons are the ones where you share the instance with other players in the vicinity.
    Craftaholics Guild, established 30th March 2014.

What do we want? Our anniversary goblets and Alfiqi plushies!
    When do we want them? Back in April 2024 when we expected to receive them!
  • xshadowclawzz12

Banished Cells isn't a public dungeon, it's a group dungeon. Public dungeons are the ones where you share the instance with other players in the vicinity.

I missread the other guys comment, though he said "farm bosses in dungeons" and not public dungeons. I know the difference