Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best places for epic gear?

R1ckyDaMan
R1ckyDaMan
✭✭✭✭
I have got to level 38 playing solo and have yet to get a single piece of epic gear, anyone got tips on good places/methods to get it.

I only want it for the tempers etc for crafting..
  • Jambo
    Jambo
    i'm lvl 40 and not seen one either.
  • Anthony45122
    Anthony45122
    ✭✭✭
    I found an epic recipe in rivenspire but had not seen a single person get a single epic weapon/armor piece until alkir desert. I went into the desert at lvl 36 (i know high lvl for just getting there) went exploring and found a giants camp. I saw he was already being killed so ran fast and got in a few hits to secure the kill. He dropped an epic mace but it was bind on pickup. I was able to deconstruct it and get a purple tannin from it. So my guess is that epics don't drop until you reach the 4th zone of your alliance.
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    There are low level epics, ive seen as low as level 12. Try killing the bosses at the skull areas.
  • R1ckyDaMan
    R1ckyDaMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cheers guys, any more info from anyone?
  • tecfall
    tecfall
    ive mostly seen epic drops from boss type monsters. the 30+ dungeons and the world bosses. other then that its very rare to see a epic off a normal mob or even treasure chest
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    got an epic staff from random mob in a cyrodil dungeon at level 16 :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    got an epic staff from random mob in a cyrodil dungeon at level 16
    it was an whipefeast but still epic :)

Instead of editing I managed to quote myself.
    Edited by zaria on April 11, 2014 10:59AM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Genervo
    Genervo
    Killed a worldboss in Grathwood he dropped a level 20 epic medium chest.
  • slayer203
    slayer203
    Before level 30 i don't see a single one, but yesterday i got 3 from lvl 36+ dungeon bosses, and 1 from a normal enemy in Eastmarch. So it's pretty random, but i think on higher levels you have greater chance for epic gear :)
  • siuolly
    siuolly
    ✭✭✭
    I picked up an epic drop in Auridon boss kill during beta. However, I have not seen an epic drop in boss kill after launch.
    Edited by siuolly on April 11, 2014 11:22AM
  • doggie
    doggie
    ✭✭✭
    Epics drop from the lvl 35+ Dungeons, I did the 35-36 dungeons a few times yesterday and ended up with 3 epics, two one handers and one staff. Haven't seen epic aror drop in those dungeons yet.
  • R1ckyDaMan
    R1ckyDaMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Half way through vet 1 and only epic, for the fighters guild. As a solo player am I in danger of not been able to get epic items?
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gotten like 9 epic gears in the last 3 dungs I have been in, they start dropping epic gear in lvl 35+ dungs like doggie says, just not every time, one of my teammates didnt get any drops when we did all 3 dungs together
  • R1ckyDaMan
    R1ckyDaMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah so group dungeons? like I said , I play solo mostly..
  • illogicbh
    illogicbh
    ✭✭✭
    Youre better off just crafting epic gear. The ingredients needed to craft an item into a legendary piece of gear drop like flies...seriously, do they want everyone to have legendaries in this game?
    Savvy?

• R1ckyDaMan
    R1ckyDaMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am a crafter, part of the reason I wanted to know how to get epic gear morei s for the the epic tempers etc.. I sure wish they dropped like flies...
  • loops73
    loops73
    ✭✭
    R1ckyDaMan wrote: »
    I have got to level 38 playing solo and have yet to get a single piece of epic gear, anyone got tips on good places/methods to get it.

just find a duper, they have tons
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got a pair of shiny purple pants from a random mob in Coldharbour at level 49.

That is all i've found though.
  • R1ckyDaMan
    R1ckyDaMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    loops73 wrote: »
    R1ckyDaMan wrote: »

just find a duper, they have tons

I would rather not get involved with scum like that tyvm...
  • knight9127
    knight9127
    Soul Shriven
    I had good luck with killing mobs in the rift taking out the giants and the mammoths seemed to drop epics
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Collect raw materials, put points into the respective extraction passive for each craft, refine raw materials, get a temper of varying quality every refinement.

Don't make the mistake of improving stuff beyond blue until you have reached veteran ranks - utter waste of tempers.

As to your question to drop locations for purples: veteran group dungeons. I play since more than one year, with a vet14, a vet10, a vet2 and a level 30 char being played regularly. I have found maybe 15 purples (not counting recipes and motifs) in that time outside of dungeons.
    Edited by Leandor on July 8, 2015 11:46AM