Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Why do I get quest completed and Achievements for stuff I don't do?

OutcastVP
OutcastVP
✭✭✭
I have not played an awful lot yet, but I have already got quest completed and achievements sometimes for just being in the same area as other players who I assume is doing these quests. I don't like that since I want to complete the quest myself, or at least know what is inolved. It is not so fun to explore if you complete quests by "accident" for being in the wrong/right area at the wrong/right time, and you have no idea why, that just feels cheap. Just now I got a quest completed and an achievement for "Grivier Hunter" - "Kill the necromancer Grivier Bloodcaller, at Belefire Island"

I have not even seen this enemy Grivier Bloodcaller...

Is it possible to reset quests somehow if you feel you should not recieve them?
Edited by OutcastVP on April 10, 2014 9:20PM
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That specific achivement you wrote bloodcaller is not part of a quest, but an extra hard mob that you can find at various places. Mostly they are marked with a skull and 2 bones on the map. You can go and kill that mob as much as you want if you feel you want to earn that achivement.

And no you can not reset that.

You can reset quest progress when you are in the middle of a quest by pressing j(defaultbutton) to bring up quest journal and there choose the quest you want to 'abandon' and redo.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • ZephyrWestwind
    ZephyrWestwind
    ✭✭✭
    OutcastVP wrote: »
    I have not even seen this enemy Grivier Bloodcaller...

Just want to add one detail to the above answer, when you come across the special quest/achievement enemies they just display a name of a generic enemy. It is only sometime during the battle, towards the end, that the name of the enemy changes and shows a proper name like Grivier Bloodcaller above.