Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Is there a way to change your characters appearance?

Jambo
Jambo
As above.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not once you've made it, no. Whether that will be added in the future is anyone's guess.
  • Jambo
    Jambo
    That's a shame. They will probably add it in for a real world currency
  • Xen91
    Xen91
    That's too bad.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The option will be available in a future patch. When that will happen who knows.
  • Lucardes
    Lucardes
    ✭✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »
    The option will be available in a future patch. When that will happen who knows.
    It will be there is an assumption..

Lucefer
    #1 Sorcerer in EP Dawnbreaker
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While i did spent a LOT of time making each of my characters (using the trick to keep the names safe ofc :P) , i can understand why you seek this OP.

I could still spend even more time making them even better.

Hope they add it soon.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Jambo
    Jambo
    I rushed my character and regret it :(
  • andarielle70b16_ESO
    I didn't have the possibility to zoom in at character creation. So my face is not the way I would like it to be. I would really appreciate a Chance to Change this someday.
  • Aureli
    Aureli
    ✭✭✭
    While i did spent a LOT of time making each of my characters (using the trick to keep the names safe ofc :P) , i can understand why you seek this OP.

I could still spend even more time making them even better.

Hope they add it soon.

Whoa! What trick is this?!
    Jambo wrote: »
    That's a shame. They will probably add it in for a real world currency

Part of the whole subscription model is that there is no money shop involved (with the exception of the optional sub model games, Rift, TSW, ect.). They won't add that in at an additional charge on top of the sub.
  • deamor666eb17_ESO
    deamor666eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I would also like to be able to change my characters appearance at some point.
    I'm quite happy about his looks but now that he's a Vampire, would be nice to see if I could make him look even better.

Was kind of hard to make the character at the start of the game when you had no idea what he will look like as a Vampire.
  • Anzaman
    Anzaman
    ✭✭✭
    Would be nice have similar NPC than Skyrim's face sculptor in Elder Scrolls Online to change our hairstyle, face,..

And I wouldn't have anything against paid race/gender change.
    Nilene Nightsky - Healer Warden
    Niomia Nightsky - Stamina Nightblade
    Ebonheart Pact (EU) Veteran: 10 - CP: 101
  • Emperor_Maximus
    Emperor_Maximus
    Soul Shriven
    I disagree race and gender change is a big no no. However appearance and not just the face but the body as well should definitely be allowed.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree race and gender change is a big no no. However appearance and not just the face but the body as well should definitely be allowed.

I really fail to see the logic behind this , why does it matter to others if people want to change their race or char sex exactly? It makes just as much sense as changing any other part of the looks.

If anything , i would not allow only class/faction changes. all else i dont see the problem.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Jambo
    Jambo
    [quote="Part of the whole subscription model is that there is no money shop involved (with the exception of the optional sub model games, Rift, TSW, ect.). They won't add that in at an additional charge on top of the sub. [/quote]

So then why is there a horse you can buy for £10...??? ok..

Edited by Jambo on April 11, 2014 10:17AM
  • Spryt
    Spryt
    ✭✭
    So then why is there a horse you can buy for £10...??? ok..

So people that did not buy the IE still can get a horse. If they want.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aureli wrote: »
    Part of the whole subscription model is that there is no money shop involved (with the exception of the optional sub model games, Rift, TSW, ect.). They won't add that in at an additional charge on top of the sub.

Course they could, plenty of others do it.
  • rioinsigniab16_ESO
    rioinsigniab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I too would like the opportunity to change how my character looks. Using in-game money would be the best way I think.
    How can you soar with eagles.....when you work with turkeys?
  • N1LegionXDeath
    From the official ESO website in the Support section:

Will it be possible to change your hairstyle or other appearances in-game?

“For the initial release of the game, players will only be able to select hairstyle and adornment choices in the character creation screen at the beginning of the game. We hope to provide enough options to allow players to create a unique avatar, but we feel the same as our players—over time, they want to change their appearance as they develop their characters, so we do have plans to release additional hairstyles, tattoos, adornments, etc. in post-launch content updates.”

just hope it will come soon. ¬.¬
    N1 For Life
    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted.
    Imperial Templar ωΩωΩω Ebonheart Pact ωΩωΩω NA MegaServer
  • Incendiaeternus
    I didn't have the possibility to zoom in at character creation. So my face is not the way I would like it to be. I would really appreciate a Chance to Change this someday.

Your not the only one like this I tried to make it as decent as possible without the zoom in function, but just want minor tweeks.

Until then, wearing the hood makes it a bit better.
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We all want a Face Sculptor ZOS! Make it happen!
  • Enteum
    Enteum
    ✭✭✭
    I mentioned this in another similar thread. I think it would be cool to be able to change your characters appearance in game because I want my sorcerer to get older as she goes on...
    Asira Avalis - Mage
  • cabbageub17_ESO
    cabbageub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah on early launch day I couldn't zoom in on one of my characters either. Rebooted the game and it seemed to fix it. 2 days later I remade the one character I couldn't zoom on. Worried about losing the name in the frantic 1st day.
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love that so much. but i dont think we are gonna see this soon or ever cuz they didnt said anything about it in the upcoming features this year. only dyes.
    Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]
  • Requiemslove
    Requiemslove
    ✭✭✭
    I would love that so much. but i dont think we are gonna see this soon or ever cuz they didnt said anything about it in the upcoming features this year. only dyes.

It's probable they keep their cards hidden. Just because they do not mention a thing does not mean it is not something they intend to add. I suggest you suspend your lack of belief and check the patch notes every time there is an update. Who knows, you may get a shock. All I am saying here is they are not at liberty, or indeed even have to mention at all, what content is to be added to the game, to us. In-fact, it is completely the opposite, all they are at liberty to do, is to mention what date changes to the game are coming and whatever insight into those changes they deem worth divulging, is completely up to them.
  • Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭
    As above.

All you need to do is check top right corner of page, use "Search" and voila!
    "Neither a 'Borrower nor a Lender' be."
    Never Forget

I think you have not been on the internet long enough until you have been rick-rolled.
    Please check out Enchanting Alchemy - A Progression Guild
  • ShurikenSky
    I wish there were a way to change face and hairstyle.
    I'm glad they said it was coming in the futur.
  • AfiFrida
    AfiFrida
    I used to play Dragon's Dogma and there would be a shop in town where you could go and change hair etc for a reasonable price (in game money). They should just add this.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Development are looking at adding options such as these to the game. Just when we will see them though, I don't think anyone knows.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Fenrlr
    Fenrlr
    ✭✭✭
    There is one way i know of. when you equip the hollow moon garb disguise it also changes your hair and facemmarkings :)
    But you dont get to choose which ones tho.
    Lynxa - Nightblade - EU - PC
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, you can always polymorph to a skeleton

xD

I want a way to hide helmets while keeping the rest of the armor.

Or, at least the option to dye disguises
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique