Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Elder Scrolls Online recommends third-party auction forum for trading

• Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, they're encouraging me to leave the game in order to trade in-game items. ok, fine ...may be hard for me to find my way back ;)
    "I Plan on living forever ..so far so good"
    Sanguine's Disciple

Asylum Amoebaeus ..A refuge for those who normally fly solo.
    Message me here or in game for an invite
  • Paks_ESO
    Paks_ESO
    ✭✭
    As long as it's not RMT I don't see a big problem, and have seen 3rd party sites put up a trade forum in other MMOs as well. The one problem I have is Zeni endorsed a specific site for trading. They should have just said players can use 3rd party sites for trading and left it at that. And you still have to be ingame to complete the transfer.
    PC/NA
  • byghostlightrwb17_ESO
    So glad their isnt an Auction House in this game.
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey ESO isnt the only ones to do this. FFXI did it as well
  • DFDelta
    DFDelta
    ✭✭
    Don't you see, thats all an elaborate ploy.

They don't have a tradeing forum.
    So people create accounts on external sites to trade.
    So those sites might be much less secure or even outright shady in the first place.
    So people might use the same passwords as ESO to keep thing simple.
    So people end up hacked, given their account data to goldsellers (and abused as spambots)
    So Zenimax can ban them for being goldseller spambots.
    So Zenimax doesn't have to deal with such annoying things as receiving money from customers.

*removes tinfoil hat*
    EU Megaserver
    Chany Therall - Templar VR1
    - Tank in PvE, support Mage in PvP
  • Sadique
    Sadique
    ✭✭✭
    if there was a global AH the prices of everything would be next to nothing very quickly due to the fact that there is only one server for US and one for EU
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    DFDelta wrote: »
    Don't you see, thats all an elaborate ploy.

They don't have a tradeing forum.
    So people create accounts on external sites to trade.
    So those sites might be much less secure or even outright shady in the first place.
    So people might use the same passwords as ESO to keep thing simple.
    So people end up hacked, given their account data to goldsellers (and abused as spambots)
    So Zenimax can ban them for being goldseller spambots.
    So Zenimax doesn't have to deal with such annoying things as receiving money from customers.

*removes tinfoil hat*

Devious. I like it.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sadique wrote: »
    if there was a global AH the prices of everything would be next to nothing very quickly due to the fact that there is only one server for US and one for EU

Yep that's exactly what happened in GW2. Crafting mats and other non legendary-required/building gear is at the lowest price possible before vendoring it, basically.

At that point you might as well just put everything on a npc vendor.
    Edited by Shimond on April 10, 2014 11:48PM
  • vizionblind_ESO
    vizionblind_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    that doesnt mean it's a good thing...

• FrauPerchta
    FrauPerchta
    ✭✭✭
    No AH in ESO is nothing but lazy Devs
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL, please, get a grip, FFIXAH is NOT endorsed in any way, shape or form by Square Enix and people have been banned for using FFXIAH's game hack.

This with ESO is entirely not the same thing.
  • Kiash
    Kiash
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds good to me, should help the people whining about having to socialize with others to trade goods. Good job ZOS, stay strong on your anti-AH stance, your fans are rooting for you :)
  • MysticAura
    MysticAura
    ✭✭✭
    No AH in ESO is a very pleasant change. Fewer people able to undercut and kill the market before going to their next MMO victim. People actually having to make an effort to get good items. Self contained markets being maintained by guilds, so if one happens to crash, they all don't crash. So many good things about no global AH.

As for that article. Unless it's an official post/announcement, I wouldn't trust it.

Besides, we can easily trade in game already, with friends, in guilds, or in zone chat..I really don't see an issue. Some games are actually removing their AH's to recover the market the AH destroyed.
  • tallenn
    tallenn
    ✭✭✭
    If there was a global AH prices would quickly reach their actual value due to the law of supply and demand in an efficient market. You just want more for your crap than it's actually worth, while at the same time wanting the crap you want to buy to be less than it's actually worth. A controlled market can give that to you, if you learn how to game it.
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tallenn wrote: »
    If there was a global AH prices would quickly reach their actual value due to the law of supply and demand in an efficient market. You just want more for your crap than it's actually worth, while at the same time wanting the crap you want to buy to be less than it's actually worth. A controlled market can give that to you, if you learn how to game it.

The house always wins.

Also, third party trading sites for in-game items is pretty much a step toward pay to win.
  • thedemiseraphb14_ESO
    wrlifeboil wrote: »

The house always wins.

Also, third party trading sites for in-game items is pretty much a step toward pay to win.

I'm very curious how this is a step toward pay to win...
  • malais
    malais

The house always wins.

Ok chief want to explain the logic on this one?

Or is pay to win the new WoW clone style insult?
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The house always wins.

I'm very curious how this is a step toward pay to win...

Remember Diablo 2?