Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Zenimax, TESO and us

Altheina
Altheina
✭✭✭
Hello everyone,

I am hoping to create this thread to get your(fellow players) to support this in the hope that it will get Zenimax attention to at least re-evaluate on how they should approach their player base.

To start this off I would like to reiterate that official game forum is created for a reason-to act as central point of discussions about the specific game. I've seen, many a times in other online games that the community managers haven't been really interacting to the player base other than providing specific info like server downtime, posting patch notes for an already released patch.

I have also seen community managers being slightly more active by initiating threads about game improvements, which attracted a lot of attention from the players only to realize that no follow up posts by the community managers so much that leaves players hanging.

There is at least one online game that has developers as well as community managers being very active and really interact with their player base and giving up to date information, setting up polls and follow up on them and that makes a great community that I would think great way to maintain player base.

Having said that, I think TESO has great potential to be one of the greatest online game and I know that by having community managers being more active in the forum is one of the paths to the right way to that awesomeness. I personally think that this is one of the keys to maintain your player base.

Lastly, I wanna comment on the forum itself, while I am glad that there is an official forum(most of online games have forum duh), I am concerned with the layout and the sections within-there should be a 'General Discussions' and 'Feedback' sections as of right now, 'New Player Questions' indirectly becomes 'General Discussion' as players, like me, don't really know where to post topics we wanna discuss(like this one). Also, I understand that we(players) can use in game feedback, however, I am pretty sure that many of the players would like to post their ideas and suggestions for others to see and support and this is where using the in game feedback lacks that interactivity.

I am not expecting things to change overnight, I am hoping that Zenimax will reconsider and hopefully take the right actions and give us pleasant surprise!

Cheers

Altheina - Wood Elf Nightblade
TESO Fun-fact 1: It takes to kill 119,050 mudcrabs to reach level 50
TESO Fun-fact 2: There are 61 million items in the game
TESO Fun-fact 3: There are 40,656,000 different weapon variations in the game