Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dual Wield Assassination NB, crit not calculating correctly.

Eivar
Eivar
✭✭✭✭
So i was reviewing my passive choices and my khajiit nightblade is up to 28% crit, the only problem is, that the crit total from passives adds up to 36%, not counting whatever the bonus is from the thief stone.

Assassination: Pressure points(2/2) 3-6% skill states 3% per Assassination skill slotted, only gives 3% total, possibly worded wrong.
Dual Wield: Twin Blade and Blunt(1/2): wielding 2 daggers should have 2.5-5% wording is hazy on if it's per dagger, am getting no bonus whatsoever
Medium Armor: Dexterity(3/3): 3% per piece of medium armor, wearing 7 so 21%
Khajiit: Carnage(2/3): 4%
Thief Stone: (unknown crit bonus)

so total i should have anywhere from 30.5% - 36% crit not counting thief stone, yet my character sheet shows only 28% which is 2.5% below the minimum i should have.

Anyone else having issues like this?
Edited by Eivar on April 10, 2014 9:37PM
  • Kangas
    Kangas
    ✭✭✭
    Without getting into the math, there is probably a discrepancy between what is additive and what is multiplicative buff. Or when the buff is applied.
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    granted about the math, but most of these are passives not buffs, and getting no benefit at all from twin blade and blunt is effectively a wasted skill point...unless it's working but not showing. either way hopefully this will be fixed i'd like to know if i'm wasting my skill points or not
  • Teloran
    Teloran
    ✭✭✭
    Pressure points doesn't work I'm afraid. I think Dual B&B may be broken as well btw.
  • cvgb16_ESO
    Pressure points doesn't work. Also remember you start with a 10% base crit chance. I did some tests which i detailed here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/72460/nightblade-pressure-points-not-working

tl;dr: pressure points has nothing to do with how many skills you have slotted, and seems to add 3% of your base crit per skill you put points into assassination; reasoning: my base crit went from 10-11%.

More testing required and i can't afford a bunch of resets just to test this :(..
  • Teloran
    Teloran
    ✭✭✭
    I don't believe you have any base crit. I'll double check when I get home.
  • Anoteros
    Anoteros
    ✭✭✭✭
    yep it's busted.
    one of the reasons I swapped back to my 2hander...which isn't really any better with AOE -_-
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    i have bow for my AOE at the moment, dropping a scorched earth and then shooting some arrow sprays works very well, though i might use whirlwind and drain power once i'm deep enough into siphoning.
  • Anoteros
    Anoteros
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eivar wrote: »
    i have bow for my AOE at the moment, dropping a scorched earth and then shooting some arrow sprays works very well, though i might use whirlwind and drain power once i'm deep enough into siphoning.

Whirlwind is pathetically lame :(