The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Veteran content? Reality of creative builds

Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
✭✭✭
Is veteran content doable without running anything but a meta dragonknight a full Healing templar and 3 assasination nightblades. Im asking out of interest to know if builds wich falls out of the normal models actualy work in veteran dungeon zones (aka mage dragonknights, bloodmage nightblade healer, sorcerer tank and what not)

Play how you want right... is that even possible to do? The game is still Young but what do we know so far about its endgame play will it be the death of the freedom of choice wich the game so far offered us?

(Aint gunna grind 50 more lvl on a alt just because i cant heal a team as a nightblade healer because its not ''meta'')
Edited by Kyubi_3002b16_ESO on April 10, 2014 6:20PM
One bow to darken the sun
One bow to unite the clans
One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • Elixx
    Elixx
    ✭✭
    Im 50, there seem to be little end game for reality. I dont know about the Veteran levling in other factions tough since My end quest is bugged and in limbo. Pvp is 10 sec delay, and no dungeons that i have seen.

Edited by Elixx on April 10, 2014 10:17PM
  • Hasorko
    Hasorko
    ✭✭✭
    Veteran Dungeons are vastly different boss mechanics. We just finished Grotto and Banished Cells. The difficulty is insane even for a mmorpg veteran. And one boss combines around 5 completly different mechanics, which all have wipe potential.

About the class choice, I believe you can switch around quite a bit, as long as youve got a dedicated heal and tank. Maybe you even need an off heal for some of the dungeons.

I learned about 7 new Talents in order to counter the boss mechanics. From big time aoe to single target dps, to kiting, to maximum survivalbility.

But again to your question. Ive seen very few none DK Tank and Templer healer yet, but those Ive seen didnt take their job seriosly. Nightblade tank with 2 daggers and medium armor "Ive got a tank ulti it will work out." Thats not a nightblade tank. I do assume though a clever player can tank and heal with other classes too.
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    well since ive defeated the lvl 48 dungeon without trying and we didnt even wipe once i guess i should be fine with veteran as nightblade healers then.

• Extremeties
    Extremeties
    ✭✭✭
    well since ive defeated the lvl 48 dungeon without trying and we didnt even wipe once i guess i should be fine with veteran as nightblade healers then.

Im currently looking to build a Bloodmage type NB. What sort of build are you using if you wouldnt mind sharing? If you do, then Id understand.
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I use the build I created here on the forum wich is the bloodmage nightblade healer here are the base principes

1. Light armor
    2. vampirism (vampirism is your key damaging tool beside of siphon you will definitively need it)
    3. You should go with rapid regeneration, funnel health, sap essence, healing spring, invigorating drain and healing ward (yes healing ward) the elite is devouring swarm.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/66403/bloodmage-build-nightblade-healer/p1

By principe you will be doing 90% of your damage with funnel health, Invigorating drains serves as a emergency self heal as well as a monster crowd control and excellent source of ultimate while healing ward is the post nuking protection (when a guy manage to get himself nearly killed by the 8 use that spell before the boss finish him up! It will shield him for the maximum amount prevent his death and heal him for any amount left on the shield post duration, the spell ALWAYS target the lowest health target in the party so you cant realy miss unless everyone is at 10% in wich case you want to use healing spring). Due to its very nature as a heavy damage aoe with very little ultimate cost devouring swarm (once the damn stage bug is fixed) cost only 80 ultimate as long as in stage 4 and deals massive aoe damage to foes wich helps dispatching mob party easily and lessen the pressure the party endure from trash mob or boss fight wich include summons, it also serve as your ultimate self healing ability as it litteraly overflow you with health for about 5 second during wich you might as well call yourself immortal (Since all your siphon grants ultimate funnel health and sap essence allow for a very quick build of it so to constantly spam devouring swarm between mob parties).

It is still to be confirmed weither or not funnel health healing can stack but my hypothesis is that either the regeneration overlap or it increase for everytime you cast it. I think its possible that the healing buff may stack on itself and that the more you use funnel health the higher the regeneration increase. I was healing my party yesterday by spamming funnel health as a magicka dump after casting rapid regeneration twice (you need it only twice for full party to have the effect). With my 1800 magicka point I was able to spam it like 8 or 7 time in a row after healing twice before starting to do restoration staff power attack and weither you want to admit it or not this spells deals serious dps.

For dungeons:
    Use Funnel, invigorating drain, rapid regeneration, healing ward, healing spring and devouring swarm for heavy healing duty. when you can actualy afford to relax you may use sap essence as it will build 2 ultimate per target hit.

For pve:
    Funnel, Invigorating drain, Sap essence, (the 4rth spell is up to you weither you want to use a shadow spell like path or summon shades that slot is pretty much your free slot in world roaming, You may still use rapid regeneration but it wont be as important as in dungeon), Healing ward (your personnal life saver) and devouring swarm (mass damage session tool).

NOTE: While I use a khajiit to run this build right now it is in NO way the optimal choice and a dark elf a high elf or a Breton would do infinitively better due to their innate resistance to element, magicka regeneration, increased magicka pools or spell racials. Khajiit however bring in one advantage vampirism gives that most caster will never benefit from or care for aka increased stealth range (sometime you just wish you can SKIP all those dangerous trash fire mob by stealthing trought them... khajiit and wood elf racial are a pearl in those situation, Khajiit also got the advantage of lessening stage four overwhelming self health regeneration malus but you don't realy care about that as a healer don't you?

Life as a vampire can be troublesome if you aint very good at dodging (ask about it to my in game husband who is a vampire khajiit medium armor assassin we both went to blessed crucible and got trough the madness of the lava queen encounter trough sheer skills with no more resistance to fire then our gear not even jewelry)... however its possible to equip fire resistance enchantment and wearing full light armor will make the weakness more livable with.
    Edited by Kyubi_3002b16_ESO on April 11, 2014 1:09PM

• flarefireb16_ESO
    Yes, you can do veteran content without a DK tank or Templar healer. See for yourself :)

Veteran Spindleclutch. Features a Sorcerer tank. In medium armour. Using a two-hander.
    Veteran Wayrest Sewers. Features a Nightblade healer.
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    good either way im thinking about replacing healing spring with refreshing path (currently training it) eventualy as they seems to heal for the same amount in the skill generator. Still Healing springs offer the advantage of a reduced mana cost when hiting a lot of target and has its use in alliance war so I recommend getting it anyway
    Edited by Kyubi_3002b16_ESO on April 11, 2014 1:17PM

• Fen
    Fen
    good either way im thinking about replacing healing spring with refreshing path (currently training it)
    Isn't Refreshing Path only self healing? The tooltip says says "Player healed for x every 1 second" and the morph tip "You heal while on the path". Unless you're taking this as just a self preservation thing?

NA - Aldmeri Dominion - Last Prodigies AU - Decibel US
    ~ Fen - NB of your heart ~
  • Divayith
    Divayith
    ✭✭
    Ive been playing around with a resto DK, Obsidian Shield is pretty awesome and since I'm geared as a caster (Pyromancer) it seems like it wouldn't be a bad offspec.
  • Xanxarib16_ESO
    to bad spell shields are gone in one hit. even if you get 600+ spell shield on your self. spell shields dont use your spell res or armor or even shield block damage mitigration. so the effective hp is way less then an actual heal :(
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Path deals damage its morphs allow it to heal as well

• Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is veteran content doable without running anything but a meta dragonknight a full Healing templar and 3 assasination nightblades. Im asking out of interest to know if builds wich falls out of the normal models actualy work in veteran dungeon zones (aka mage dragonknights, bloodmage nightblade healer, sorcerer tank and what not)

Play how you want right... is that even possible to do? The game is still Young but what do we know so far about its endgame play will it be the death of the freedom of choice wich the game so far offered us?

(Aint gunna grind 50 more lvl on a alt just because i cant heal a team as a nightblade healer because its not ''meta'')
    There are only 4 person groups so i dont know what your talking about. the reality is the are way easy and dont even need a tank for the most part. ESO needs alot of adjustments. but with that said your not supposed to walk in and clear them in 15 minutes your first run throughs.

• Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yea I figured my team to fungal grotto was just underlvled since they rushed like crazy to even get trash out of the way, theres some vet 3 mob there so I assume behing a full vet 1 party is risky
    Edited by Kyubi_3002b16_ESO on April 28, 2014 3:53PM

• XquixoticalX
    XquixoticalX
    ✭✭✭

You would think. I kind of look at it like undergrad versus graduate school. You can get by from level 1-50 without even trying really regardless of your build. Just like if you are smart you can party through college, skip a bunch of classes and get decent grades and a degree no problem. But graduate school, like Veteran content, is a whole other animal. I really didn't start noticing it until I was VR3 but it's really something quite different all together. I wouldn't assume anything.

Not saying anything either way as to your build. I'm not endgame yet so I can't speak to that as I am only nearing VR5. Just saying...I think in level 1-50 I probably died less than 10 times total in dungeons, which I soloed all of except for group dungeons. (Well obviously at times there were others coming into the instance and shouldering some of the burden, not to mention bot swarms on bosses at some of them... but I never grouped for one single dungeon aside from the ones that require 4 people.) I only experienced repeated full party wipes once on a group dungeon where two of the members were underleveled, but we kept at it and about the 4th or 5th time we beat it. However, twice now attempting a VR dungeon it has come to the point where we had to just say, we can't do this right now, with this class combo or without better armor, etc. any variety of reasons. And you just have to leave, and hope to come back in a day or two when you're a level higher or something. Or kick out the weaker players and find replacements.

My point is don't underestimate how hard it's going to be. That being said, it's hard for everyone, even people with optimal builds. Maybe you're making it harder on yourself going a weird route but it's going to be tough as balls regardless. Compared to non veteran dungeons anyway.

Edited by XquixoticalX on June 22, 2014 2:17PM
    ~ Belle Folie

"I'm here to kick ass and eat sweetrolls. And I'm all out of sweetrolls."
  • Infraction
    Infraction
    ✭✭✭
    Vet dungeons are a step up in difficulty from the 1-50 variations. WIth that said though, I have run them all as a nightblade healer and it hasn't hindered us in completing the dungeons. Oddly enough the pvp ability barrier is really strong in pve.
  • LariahHunding
    LariahHunding
    ✭✭✭✭
    I soloed most of the content in VR9 Eastmarch, comfortably, with a VR8 2handed Bloodmage Melee NB in 5-med, 2-heavy yesterday. Siphon tree, maximizing crouch attack(+1500 dmg) and impale (+600-900), will drag out Inferno Staff occasionally. Use Mass Hysteria and Volcanic Rune for CC, although I usually ignore. Drain Power is pretty effective with heavy/light attack.

Although, I don't think that I would have made it this far without a couple of questing partners from my guild.

VR Content still sucks. Being successful still doesn't excused the VR content.
    "Give a man a sweet roll, he only has one to steal. Give him a sweet roll recipe, he have bunches to steal."