Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Leveling a Sorcerer

ClaudiaMay
ClaudiaMay
✭✭✭
Hi guys :smile:

Hopefully this is the right place to ask this: For those of you with a sorcerer, what's your preferred leveling skill set?

Currently I'm trying to master restoration for future grouping plans, and I'm starting to get the hang of it (though mobs just one level above me kick my butt lol). What do you guys use for skills? :smiley:
Currently Playing:
Sorcerer Claudia Warren May, lvl 40. Woodworking 25/Clothing 25/Provisioning 50.
Dragon Knight, lvl 8. Blacksmithing/Enchanting.
Nightblade, lvl 3. Alchemy.
Templar, lvl 7.
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    In all seriousness, this is a great guide to get started out in TESO for at least the first 10 or so levels, especially if you are not sure how you want to go, and get the most of your leveling of each skill.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/63690/the-new-character-what-skill-to-take-guide

On my sorcerer who is level 16 now I still have the first 3 skills, not morphed, one skill for bow and one skill for shield not morphed either.

Of course I am investing more in crafting, but I am still doing pretty good and have like 12 skills between 11-19. (Not including crafting skills).

So when I lock down what I want to do, I can do it.
  • ClaudiaMay
    ClaudiaMay
    ✭✭✭
    @Hawke That guide is very helpful, thank you!
    Currently Playing:
    Sorcerer Claudia Warren May, lvl 40. Woodworking 25/Clothing 25/Provisioning 50.
    Dragon Knight, lvl 8. Blacksmithing/Enchanting.
    Nightblade, lvl 3. Alchemy.
    Templar, lvl 7.
  • beriiel
    beriiel
    ✭✭
    For skills I'm using the following.

Daedric Summoning:
    • Summon Atronach
    • Clannfear
    • Morphed winged twilight that heals me
    • Bound Armor

Mages Guild:
    • Magelight

As well as a crafting skill. I plan to pick up healing later on after I've capped the skills I'm working on.
  • Danarchist
    Danarchist
    ✭✭
    I'm doing resto staff/destro staff at the moment and at lvl 17 it is equal parts fun and annoying as hell.
    One suggestion I would make to everyone is put one point into each of your class lines and put the first spell from it on your bar. After that go straight passives, racials, and early investment in crafting skills pays off. Passives seem to be the most bang for your buck, and if you start off building them up you will have time to see what skills you are likely to use before you invest in them. I started off thinking I was going to go resto all the way and realized soloing was a major PITA, so I invested in dual weild and realized my character just was not setup for melee, so I tried switching to destro staff only to realize the best abilities are waaaay down the skill tree. Respecing at 12 cost me over 2.5k.
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ClaudiaMay Not a problem. I hope it helps people out in getting started. The game can be... daunting when you think about all the possiblities.
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    The summoning tree is awful. Going Storm Calling with Crystal Fragments is a much more powerful solution. The CC from Dark Magic will help a lot if you find that youre dying from multiple enemies.

The first ability in the destruction staff line is also golden for CC. Boundless Storm is a must have. Screw Bound Armor.
    Edited by SexyVette07 on April 10, 2014 5:08PM
  • beriiel
    beriiel
    ✭✭
    The summoning tree is awful. Going Storm Calling with Crystal Fragments is a much more powerful solution. The CC from Dark Magic will help a lot if you find that youre dying from multiple enemies.

The first ability in the destruction staff line is also golden for CC. Boundless Storm is a must have. Screw Bound Armor.

/Shrug. I haven't died but once and my pets do most of the work. I cast crystal fragments (which I forgot to put down) and the pets do the rest of the work.

Anyway, there isn't one style that works, just a skilled player who know how to work it.
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    beriiel wrote: »

Anyway, there isn't one style that works, just a skilled player who know how to work it.

That is how things work out 85% of the time in games. +1
  • Dorgon
    Dorgon
    I am currently level 22 and have been running in medium armor with a bow and a summoned pet. I have 2 bow skills and 2 magic skills on the bar, one being a root. Been working pretty well so far and at times I swap out the pet for bound armor when I need to take more hits.

Food has been very handy so far, the extra hp boost can save you at times. Also I have the Storm Atronach which has been upgraded for the extra aoe damage.
    Jekhar Mokhan - Altmer Sorcerer of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Tamriel Fisherman's Guild
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JekharM/videos