Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Light Horse or Gaited Horse for PVP ??

Lymark
Lymark
I finally saved up enough money to get myself a good horse. But this is a very tough decision!!! Light horse is the fastest horse in game but I don't really like its color while the black horse looks awesome with less speed. Not to mention, stamina is also important too!!
Which one would you guys choose for PVP in Cyrodiil??
  • Moyana
    Moyana
    ✭✭
    Pick the one you like the most - both can be upgraded over time
  • Noth
    Noth
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvP is almost universally the light horse because of the speed
  • Allumis
    Allumis
    ✭✭✭
    Right now everyone is going for the "speed" option, however in time I think the gaited horse will come into its own.
    You can't get drawn into PVP if they can't knock you off your horse first ;)
  • Lymark
    Lymark
    Allumis wrote: »
    Right now everyone is going for the "speed" option, however in time I think the gaited horse will come into its own.
    You can't get drawn into PVP if they can't knock you off your horse first ;)

Ahh, very good point!!
    I think I will just go for gaited horse with its 20%stamina and feed him with speed.

Do you think 20% is good enough to suffer a few hits from players or should I just upgrade stamina all the way instead?
  • tallenn
    tallenn
    ✭✭✭
    Well, both can be upgraded sure, but IF you put all upgrades into one stat, the gaited horse will have 10% more stamina than another horse into which all upgrades were put into stamina, and the light horse would be 25% faster than another horse into which all upgrades were put into speed.

So the question is, what amount of speed and stamina (inventory space is irrelevant for PvP) would be optimal for a fully upgraded horse in PvP? If that amount is at least 25% speed and at least 10% stamina both, then either horse would work equally well, if you just upgrade them appropriately.

Another way to ask is, say there is a horse with 75% speed and one with 50% speed and 10% extra stamina. Would the stamina horse be able to catch the speed horse, since it can sprint for longer? Is there a best mix of speed and stamina, or is it just speed > all?
  • Kaskako
    Kaskako
    ✭✭
    I'm also undecided, and find myself being swayed towards the gaited horse just to have a black horse.

10% less speed while being able to sprint twice as long sounds quite good to me too. How much does the sprint actually increase the speed by?

Would be nice to see some theorycrafting on this, unfortunately i'm usually too lazy :blush: