Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

stop supscription and keep the character progression

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
most probably i'll not be able to play from july to september, so, i'd like to know in case i need to stop playing for a few months and obviously stop paying what will happen to my character. will i be able to continue playing my character when i return and continue paying or do i have to restart a new character? anyone knows what happens for sure?
  • deamor666eb17_ESO
    deamor666eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Your characters will be there for you to play when you come back.

Most MMO's state that they might delete characters after a long period of inactivity but I have returned to some MMO's after YEARS of inactivity and none of my characters were ever deleted.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    They'd put out an announcement if they were doing some kind of data cleanup after x time inactive. Since they haven't, it's a safe assumption they'll be there when you come back. It's pretty rare in MMOs for them to do full character wipes (though forced name changes can happen in games with different servers - this is not one of those games).
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, characters are never deleted, only exception is some F2P games has deleted low level characters who has not been played for years. Never in any premium game. Always an decent chance that the player comes back.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's great to know. thanks to all ;)