Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Why Do Vampires Have Such Bad Disadvantages Over Werewolves?

Vaerth
Vaerth
✭✭✭✭
I am playing as a werewolf right now, and my buddy just became a Vampire. I can not understand how Vampires and Werewolves are considered balanced? The only poison that comes to me in PvP is often from Archery users. I am Argonian, so this is reduced as well. People who use the Fighters guild have to have the skill point in the skilled tracking to make the skills do additional damage to me, as a werewolf. My buddy, as a vampire, has to deal with MANY more issues than us werewolves. All fighters guild powers work on him, with no additional skill required. Dragonknights and templars are fire based, and any class can toss out fire with a destruction staff. How is it fair for him, as a Vampire, to have some many disadvantages while us werewolves are not as bothered?

I do not play a vampire, nor would I choose to. But seeing this first hand has me wondering, who let the drop out make the balancing choices for Vampires? This was a real bummer for my friend. He loves Vampires, and has been let down with this games idea of a vampire.
Pact Bloodwraith
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both of them have massive negatives attached to them. They are essentially meant for the "cool" factor.
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    RakeWorm wrote: »
    Both of them have massive negatives attached to them. They are essentially meant for the "cool" factor.

I understand they both have negatives, that is to be expected, however, it is clear that Vampires have it worse than werewolves. Being a werewolf myself, the negatives are really not bad for the pros. Being a vampire in this game, however, is a death sentence.

The pros and cons should be even regardless of choice. You should not have to get burned in seconds as a vampire in PvP. It is just over board. As a werewolf I have no complaints at all, in PvP or PvE. It has been great fun. As a Vampire I would not step foot in any PvP situation.

Should not have to pick between PvP and Vampire. It should be viable for a Vampire players to enter PvP with the same chances of survival as a werewolf.

Pact Bloodwraith
  • ElSlayer
    ElSlayer
    ✭✭✭
    Vaerth wrote: »
    I understand they both have negatives, that is to be expected, however, it is clear that Vampires have it worse than werewolves. Being a werewolf myself, the negatives are really not bad for the pros.
    I don't see how NOT having Ultimate is CLEARLY better.
    @d0e1ow: There is no singular thing within a game's little ecosystem that will convince you that you hate the game, hate your life, and hate everyone around you faster than the game's official forums will.

@TaffyIX: Life is too short to get upset by a video game.
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampires have one major advantage over werewolves: their passives work all the time. Without your werewolf form you basically are a normal human with a weakness towards bow users, which by the way are very very common in PvP.
    Edited by ThatHappyCat on April 10, 2014 1:34PM
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am playing as a werewolf right now, and my buddy just became a Vampire. I can not understand how Vampires and Werewolves are considered balanced?
    Where the Hell does 'balance' come into it? Why does EVERYTHING in an MMO need to be BALANCED? This isn't a PVP aspect so who cares if one is more powerful than the other, and why shouldn't it be?

Edited by KerinKor on April 10, 2014 1:38PM
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because Vampire is also more powerful than werewolf.

The only thing I'd like to see is a removal of the Health Regen penalty at night time.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assumed the stronger disadvantage was because the werewolf doesn't really get any gain from being a werewolf without changing, that isn't the same case for a Vampire.
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    WHY DO VAMPIRES HAVE SUCH BAD DISADVANTAGES OVER WEREWOLVES?
    From what I have seen so far it looks like it's the other way around. Wolfs have serious disadvantages while in wolf form.

• SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Where the Hell does 'balance' come into it? Why does EVERYTHING in an MMO need to be BALANCED?
    Because otherwise most people will pick whatever is more powerful and the game will become more boring as a result. Balance promotes diversity. And player diversity is more entertaining.

• SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    ElSlayer wrote: »
    I don't see how NOT having Ultimate is CLEARLY better.
    I have been playing without an Ultimate the entire time so far. Currently level 16 and Soloed dual level 22 mobs last night. No potions or food, and I hardly ever even block.

Ultimates are not that big a deal...at least not from what I have seen in PvE.
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    WHY DO VAMPIRES HAVE SUCH BAD DISADVANTAGES OVER WEREWOLVES?

You clearly wrote this, because I did not spam caps locks like most people here. I asked a question, and the trolls came to play.

Edited by Vaerth on April 10, 2014 3:02PM
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where the Hell does 'balance' come into it? Why does EVERYTHING in an MMO need to be BALANCED?
    Because otherwise most people will pick whatever is more powerful and the game will become more boring as a result. Balance promotes diversity. And player diversity is more entertaining.

100% agree
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭

100% agree

If you folks want them balanced, they need to be balanced to equate with basic racial passives - meaning, almost nothing. Because they would have to be balanced in comparison to those that don't want to turn themselves at all.

A balanced vamp/were is one with zero overall benefit.
    Edited by Vikova on April 10, 2014 3:17PM
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been seeing great success in PvP as a vampire. However my playstyle is very rogue-like, backlines picking off single enemies or duos. I don't do the large scale combat and I believe that is why I almost never die. I'm quite good at my class and my skill bar, so most enemies give me no problems.

I stay away from the zergs and the ballistae and stuff with fire as much as I can.
  • Custos91
    Custos91
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to try beeing a vampire, but I did the last 8 lvl in PVP, so I am thinking it over and over again...
    My playstyle don't work with sneaking around, because I am a healer, that means, around me are people alive, making me, and all around me, a primary target for ballistas and stuff like that...
    I heard mumbling about staking fire resistance could work, I mean the dmg mittigation of vamp passives with fire resi could work, additionaly as a light armor user I am near the spell resistance cap... hitting it constantly in PVP because I use my stamina to drop that fighters guild ring all the time...
    It could work, but it could be extremely painfull too...
    I would higly appreciate further feedback...
    Warden Main apparently... 7 Wardens currently, otherwise a healer of every class.
    Mostly active in No CP PVP on EU, blaming the buffbot meta in pve.
    I want to feel like I am saving somebodies life, not like I am carrying amunition for them...
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    Ravinsild wrote: »
    I have been seeing great success in PvP as a vampire. However my playstyle is very rogue-like, backlines picking off single enemies or duos. I don't do the large scale combat and I believe that is why I almost never die. I'm quite good at my class and my skill bar, so most enemies give me no problems.

I stay away from the zergs and the ballistae and stuff with fire as much as I can.

If you are a werewolf watch out for the meatbag catapult... it will F your world up!
  • p.hurst1b16_ESO
    p.hurst1b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Heheh. All I can say is go play Oblivion and be a Vampire and you will learn what you need to know.... Vampirism is a path of pain. As a mortal what do you expect from...

Well, that is to say, you DO know who created Vampires don't you ?

Werewolves are Prince Hircine's creation and so of course it is a balance of life and death, strength and weakness. Predator to some and prey to others.

For Werewolves start here, subscribe and educate yourself in bite size lectures. Entertaining too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTF60LrYd3I

<Enigmatic Name> Is poaching new guild members again ! Apply on our webby with your CV and proof of identity and we can arrange an interview with a panel of our officers.
  • Teroh
    Teroh
    ✭✭✭
    WW definitely are not stronger than Vampires. The con's to being a WW are so much more than just poison vuln and fighter guild weaknesses.
    The Fallen Legion is Recruiting, Help us Retake Cryodiil! Message me for more information.
  • Reavan
    Reavan
    ✭✭✭
    Vampire makes sneaky rogue types very powerful.
    They are usually glass cannons anyway.
    The damage reduction passive compensates anyway, especially if u have fire resist.
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    You clearly wrote this, because I did not spam caps locks like most people here. I asked a question, and the trolls came to play.
    Look at the top of this page. I did not write that title.
  • BloodStorm
    BloodStorm
    ✭✭✭
    Werewolf is much worse than vampire and especially vs each other. Vampire Ult only costs 200 when maxed at rank. It also has Devouring swarm morph which heals you for damage done. So more enemies the more healing. You are pretty much immortal for 5 seconds while the ult kills almost everything around you. Also if you max Invigorating drain you can drain 4 targets with a few other attacks and be at full ult again. Vampires are pretty OP actually and the fire resist is not that bad. All the vampires I know own in PVP also and 1 v 1 its hard to lose. Improved sneak also. Invigorating drain is probably the best all around ability in the game and cant be used on bosses because of how powerful it is. It recovers your life and stamina to full pretty much and stuns the enemy for 3 seconds and generates 15 ultimate per second. So you can rush a mob and use it several times and almost have your ult ready and own everything. Once your friend reaches Vampire Rank 10 he would change his mind. Also Vampires are the best with fighters guild abilities because they can regenerate stamina to full over and over with the Drain ability and spam Silver bolts and so on. They also have a poison counter if they want it for fun and kill werewolves easily. Lethal Arrow the poison snipe morph is also good. I personally think werewolf is horrible because it costs so much for the Ult and you have to transform, while vampires are always vampires and have a cheap ultimate which makes them into a GOD for 5 seconds and drain once again is awesome. Stage 4 vampirism is awesome and feeding is pointless in my opinion.
  • Cruc
    Cruc
    Soul Shriven
    Werewolf is much worse than vampire and especially vs each other. Vampire Ult only costs 200 when maxed at rank. It also has Devouring swarm morph which heals you for damage done. So more enemies the more healing. You are pretty much immortal for 5 seconds while the ult kills almost everything around you. Also if you max Invigorating drain you can drain 4 targets with a few other attacks and be at full ult again. Vampires are pretty OP actually and the fire resist is not that bad. All the vampires I know own in PVP also and 1 v 1 its hard to lose. Improved sneak also. Invigorating drain is probably the best all around ability in the game and cant be used on bosses because of how powerful it is. It recovers your life and stamina to full pretty much and stuns the enemy for 3 seconds and generates 15 ultimate per second. So you can rush a mob and use it several times and almost have your ult ready and own everything. Once your friend reaches Vampire Rank 10 he would change his mind. Also Vampires are the best with fighters guild abilities because they can regenerate stamina to full over and over with the Drain ability and spam Silver bolts and so on. They also have a poison counter if they want it for fun and kill werewolves easily. Lethal Arrow the poison snipe morph is also good. I personally think werewolf is horrible because it costs so much for the Ult and you have to transform, while vampires are always vampires and have a cheap ultimate which makes them into a GOD for 5 seconds and drain once again is awesome. Stage 4 vampirism is awesome and feeding is pointless in my opinion.

I was very worried about vampires in PvP...
    But you, sir, sold it to me. Would you turn me and be my vampire master?
    I play on Ebonheart, NA server.
  • BloodStorm
    BloodStorm
    ✭✭✭

I was very worried about vampires in PvP...
    But you, sir, sold it to me. Would you turn me and be my vampire master?
    I play on Ebonheart, NA server.[/quote]

Would you like to join our guild also? We are EP and NA server only. " House Dagoth " is the guild name. My UserID is @Lord-Vladimir
  • jeremylthb14_ESO
    This is what happens when you only look at the the "on paper" stats of things. Werewolves are much more disadvantaged than vampires, but I still love being a werewolf :smiley:
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time I read this thread title, I can't help but think that the OP wants to start a UNICEF-style charity for vampires.

("In the Arms of the Angels" starts playing)
    "These bloodsucking immortals are hungry, and they need your sweet, sweet life energy to sustain them. Won't you take some time out of your busy schedule to help? Call 1-800-TEAMEDWARD now. Your donation could save a life. Well, a half-life."
    Edited by nerevarine1138 on April 15, 2014 2:10PM
    ----
    Murray?
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every time I read this thread title, I can't help but think that the OP wants to start a UNICEF-style charity for vampires.

("In the Arms of the Angels" starts playing)
    "These bloodsucking immortals are hungry, and they need your sweet, sweet life energy to sustain them. Won't you take some time out of your busy schedule to help? Call 1-800-TEAMEDWARD now. Your donation could save a life. Well, a half-life."

How many times do you need to read it?

Pact Bloodwraith