Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

High quality loot (purple and yellow)

Ashanne
Ashanne
✭✭✭✭
Hi guys,

Me and my boyfriend are playing the game since first day of early access (we love it) and we managed to reach level 29. Until this level, the loot drop rate on green objects is ok(seems fair), on blue objects seems a little to high (pretty much everyone in this game has pretty much the same blue objects)...but let's talk about the other two colors.
The first purple object I ever saw in this games was an item being sold in the chat box. Looking at its characteristics, it was an 30+ lvl. After a while more items of this color appeared for sale but all of them where over level 30.
Do any of you guys ever found a purple/yellow item (I am not referring to crafting items, runes, recipes here) of a lower level than 30? Do they even exist?

If they don't exist, why not? shouldn't any zone/level have its own purple/yellow item? Starting from level 1? Why should the quality of the item be correlated with the level of the zone/character. It doesn't feel right.
If they do exist, I am glad that we haven't found one (means only that we weren't lucky enough, and that the game is "not broken" when it comes to looting)

• Ariane
    Ariane
    ✭✭✭
    I was told purple items drop after level 31. Yellow items don't drop, they can only be crafted by improvement of purple ones with tempers/resins/tanins.
    Edited by Ariane on April 10, 2014 12:25PM
    "I am not an Argonian. I am a crocodile"