Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

PvP?

DeltaDude
DeltaDude
Is there any pvp other than the AvAvA?

It's great and its fun, but for the most part seems to be a zerg. You can go off and do smaller quests until well... a zerg falls ontop of you.

Are there any plans for things like battlegrounds with smaller matches of 8v8?
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    No, if you want this, you have to try to find the small skirmishes yourself in AvA, which is very possible to do. Currently Zenimax has no plans of diluting their AvAvA population.
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeltaDude wrote: »
    Is there any pvp other than the AvAvA?

It's great and its fun, but for the most part seems to be a zerg. You can go off and do smaller quests until well... a zerg falls ontop of you.

Are there any plans for things like battlegrounds with smaller matches of 8v8?

They went all in on Cyrodiil for pvp.
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvP in this game is exactly like DAOC. Duels are not in game yet but I imagine they will be soon enough.
  • Gaudrath
    Gaudrath
    ✭✭✭
    You can pick a less populated campaign - some of them have very frequent small skirmishes and rarely zergs since there's actually not enough players to form one on a constant basis.
  • DeltaDude
    DeltaDude
    Again, it's not that I don't like the current system, would just like to see some additional options which will only add to the things we can do in the game.
  • Gaudrath
    Gaudrath
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I am sure we will eventually see an Arena style gameplay, it's well within the established lore and if done right it could be fun! And by done right I mean being able to spectate matches and bet on fighters.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gaudrath wrote: »
    Well, I am sure we will eventually see an Arena style gameplay, it's well within the established lore and if done right it could be fun! And by done right I mean being able to spectate matches and bet on fighters.

What on earth makes you "sure?"
  • Hawtsauce
    Hawtsauce
    ✭✭✭
    Make a small grp and roam , hit the mines and lumber mills. Gank enemies as they respawn and head to rejoin thier zerg, cut them off so their numbers dwindle. These things can make a HUGE impact and IMO are more rewarding than arena - there is more tactics envolved.
    Ebonheart Pact
    Darkmoon - Mag NB
    Ermak - Mag Templar
    Pukk - Stam NB
    Hawtsauce - Mag DK
    Mystik - Mag Sorc
    Brutikus - Stam DK