The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Best weapon switch for healers and why.

• TicToc
    TicToc
    ✭✭✭
    Since armor doesn't switch along with weapons, it would probably always be a good idea to swap between weapons that uses the same power, i.e. stamina or magic.

Actually, I think that is a bad idea. You are always going to have stamina, and having it sit there unused is a waste. It would be better to have a stamina based weapon equipped so that you can do damage while your magicka is recharging. If you are using a weapon that drains magicka to attack, then you won't have the magicka to heal.
    Options
  • Sestar
    Sestar
    ✭✭
    The fighter guild's skills use stamina, so no need to equip a stamina weapon to burn it.
    Options
  • Solomon_Cato
    Solomon_Cato
    ✭✭
    It looks like they've patched the momentum-persists-on-swap, so it no longer buffs a different weapon type. Oh well, sorry for giving you guys bad/outdated information. >.<

Yea, that is kind of sad. I think sorcs are the only ones who can get away with it now with Surge, since it is a class ability and not weapon specific (at least I think, please no one prove me wrong >.>). If momentum still persisted through weapon swap, I would seriously consider using a 2h as my second swap on my sorc healer, would be nice to have a weapon boost using stamina as well as magicka through Surge. OP heals imho.

P.S. I have to agree with Sestar on his comment as well. As a healer, especially Templar (unless you have equilibrium) you should be using your resto staff to regenerate your magicka, not switching to a stamina weapon to wait on your magicka (too much could happen I think in that time). If anything, I'd slot Silver Shards and pop it a few times while using heavy attacks with the resto staff.
    Edited by Solomon_Cato on April 23, 2014 5:10PM
    Options
  • TicToc
    TicToc
    ✭✭✭
    Sestar wrote: »
    The fighter guild's skills use stamina, so no need to equip a stamina weapon to burn it.

Well, that assumes that people have fighters guild skills slotted and want to spam them, which I don't think the majority of players do. . It isn't about burning off the stamina, it is about switching to a stamina based attack while your majicka recovers, so that it is available for healing when needed.
    Options
  • Solomon_Cato
    Solomon_Cato
    ✭✭
    TicToc wrote: »
    Sestar wrote: »

Well, that assumes that people have fighters guild skills slotted and want to spam them, which I don't think the majority of players do. . It isn't about burning off the stamina, it is about switching to a stamina based attack while your majicka recovers, so that it is available for healing when needed.

Then if it isn't about burning off stamina....... why would you switch to a stamina weapon in the first place, when you can do the same thing you said without really having to change weapons types? And as far as not having Fighter's Guild skills, you can have Silver Bolts available almost as soon (if not before due to completing anchors) as completing Doshia.
    Options