Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Templar Tanking, how to pull?

Phantorang
Phantorang
✭✭✭✭
To pull isnt always a success, sometimes you pull more than intended. There are different ways to get the monsters aggro. I can move up close enough to the monsters for them to aggro. I can cast a ranged spell or use my Resto Staff.

I need some help on how to do this as good as possible, without using skills that pulls more than needed. Please help.
Fimbulwinter Recruiting true Vikings | Campaigns score | EU PC
  • Castielle
    Castielle
    ✭✭✭
    Dawn's Wrath has a few ranged skills that you could use for pulling. Also, there are just some pulls scripted so that you can't pull only one.

Cas
  • Khizank
    Khizank
    ✭✭
    Keep in mind, if there is a little group of monsters, even if you cast, say sun fire on a single one - all the monsters will aggro. But casters / ranged will not run towards you.

Later on, focused charge / toppling charge is also quite nice, to get there a bit before the dps. Or if you want to attack a group of monsters, including casters.

Single Target, after pull I use Ransack as soon as possible. If there is more than one, I use puncturing sweep.
    Thalionmel - Templar Paladin
    Barenziah Telvanni - Dragon Knight Pyromaniac
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that game is - or at least was - designed in part to eliminate the old 'pull-one-at-a-time' mechanic. I don't really think it's possible to do, least I've not seen any evidence at all in game as yet. Personally I like it this way, as 'pulling' is very a passe mechanic.
    Even though my character is a Templar too, they use a shield primarily. To that end I say, just charge in! It's more fun anyways :wink:
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is unavoidable at times. The mobs can simply be too close together to avoid it. Your best bet is to be careful what angle you are approaching them on and to learn over time when it will be unavoidable so you are ready for a multi-pull.
  • ElliottXO
    ElliottXO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play DK tank and I don't have any pull skill. In most situations it's a disadvantage to pull, because it's multi aggro anyway and you increase the distance between your party and the enemy healers and ranged mobs.

I just run into the middle of a crowd, bind them 4-8 seconds using talons and push forward alone to the healers and archers in the back while my party kills the bound mobs.

My goal is to keep the meele mobs of the healer as long as I can, aggro the hard hitting 2H or Shield mob and bash the ranged healers, mages and archers in the back.

I received very positive feedback doing so. So maybe you find a similar Templar skill that disables crowds for a certain time.
  • Phantorang
    Phantorang
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was experimenting in Fungal Grotto, when I was solo I could pull 1 and 1 easy just by using a resto staff, but when in a 4 man group the monsters also react as a group.

There is a word for it when different kinds of monsters react to combat withing different range, even if far away, would make it easier for me to explain to group members how we should fight the next pack.
    Fimbulwinter Recruiting true Vikings | Campaigns score | EU PC