Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Water question

lycanslerwb17_ESO
lycanslerwb17_ESO
✭✭✭
I recently died and when i clicked "E" to re spawn i ended up in the water, where i died. I thought we could swim?
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    You can swim in most places, but if you get too far from the shore the slaughter fish come out. This has only happened to me when swimming in the ocean trying to get to a far away place or get around a land barrier.
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • hilelorangutan
    If the water is part of the zone area then typically you'll be able to swim through it. If the water is part of a zone wall then you will definitely die if you swim too far out (slaughterfish will get ya)

Also it seems like the rivers in Cyrodil will kill you even though they are in the middle of the zone. Not sure what's up with that.
    Edited by hilelorangutan on April 10, 2014 5:17AM
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    If the water is part of the zone area then typically you'll be able to swim through it. If the water is part of a zone wall then you will definitely die if you swim too far out (slaughterfish will get ya)

Also it seems like the rivers in Cyrodil will kill you even though they are in the middle of the zone. Not sure what's up with that.

I too found this out the hard way while doing my first scouting mission and I think that Cyrodiil is set that way to force players to use the land bridges if they want to go through the Imperial City as a shortcut to enemy territory.
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the bright side, there is an achievement for learning this the hard way.
  • lycanslerwb17_ESO
    lycanslerwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    lol
  • Aureli
    Aureli
    ✭✭✭
    I had very high hopes that a giant slaughterfish would attack me. Sadly, 'twas not to be.