The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Fulfilling one's fate broken?

Grim13
Grim13
✭✭✭✭✭
Is it bugged?

There's nothing to charge Celonron's Energy with at the appointed location...
  • Lairin
    Lairin
    ✭✭
    No the mob just takes really long to re-spawn.
    Lairin | Elementalsora | I'm too tired to game...
  • Beryl
    Beryl
    ✭✭✭
    How long exactly? I tried returning to this quest multiple times, tried relogging, tried waiting for 30 minutes at one spot.... How long is "really long"?
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beryl wrote: »
    How long exactly? I tried returning to this quest multiple times, tried relogging, tried waiting for 30 minutes at one spot.... How long is "really long"?

I FOUND THE ORBS DOWN THE EMBANKMENT, TOWARD THE RIVER. sorry for caps... too lazy to retype.
  • purr1478
    purr1478
    Soul Shriven
    The mob spawned after a 15-20 long wait, was killed and spawned again within a few minutes. Then again within 2 minutes. Very sporadic but he does spawn.
  • Effe
    Effe
    ✭✭
    I've been waiting for it to spawn 1h yesterday and about 30 minutes the days before. Do I need to camp the spawn point all day? Seriously this is quite frustrating.
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    any1 know if it is actualy bugged or not ?
    It says charge totem 3 times, but there is only one spot shown on map. That just doesnt make any sense.
  • Ummaguma
    Ummaguma
    ✭✭✭
    **sighs**

so not amused :disappointed:
    I may or may not be spending too much time with Sheogorath, but I cant help it... He makes the BEST Nachos! >:)
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It says charge totem 3 times, but there is only one spot shown on map. That just doesnt make any sense.

There are 3 blue orbs that you need to walk into to charge it... I found them across the road, down the embankment, and toward the river. YES, outside of the quest circle... it was highly annoying.

it also took a couple times logging off and back on to get them to spawn.
  • BETAOPTICS
    BETAOPTICS
    ✭✭
    Well it is not bugged per say but it is very poorly coded and designed gameplay mechanic. This is not their only quest that has tons of issues how they work, thus preventing player progression.

I can not understand what went trough their mind when they did these kind of mechanics. How did they think they would work well when any player instantly could have told that they are bad mechanics and they are professionals for fudges sake.
  • RaZaddha
    RaZaddha
    ✭✭✭
    Grim13 wrote: »

There are 3 blue orbs that you need to walk into to charge it... I found them across the road, down the embankment, and toward the river. YES, outside of the quest circle... it was highly annoying.

Could you be more specific where you found them?
  • Larze26eb17_ESO
    cannot find what does not exist...its been bugged since launch obviously atleast, and yet it remains bugged.
  • Marcus_Thracius
    Marcus_Thracius
    ✭✭✭✭
    RaZaddha wrote: »
    Grim13 wrote: »

Could you be more specific where you found them?

id like to know that too

• Tamcia
    Tamcia
    This is still broken. +20 players waiting all the time at spawn.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Think i might have found one of the problems with this quest; people could be missing one step. You need to kill the pyromancers (2) holding the spectral thunderbugs captive before you can proceed (look for the beams of blue light). Once this is done you head back to the circle on the map, defeat the creature there and the orbs will appear.
    You may also need to restart the game to get the guardian to appear after doing the fore mentioned .
    Edited by phairdon on April 22, 2014 11:17AM
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Lovely
    Lovely
    ✭✭✭
    How many? There are spectral bugs all over the place. I already did the part where I had to help a bunch of them. Relogged many many many times. Were you able to finish this in the past weeks?
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lovely wrote: »
    How many? There are spectral bugs all over the place. I already did the part where I had to help a bunch of them. Relogged many many many times. Were you able to finish this in the past weeks?

Only had to kill two pyromancers. Killed the ones closest to the circle.
    Finished it today. Had tried to do the quest three times previously over the last 10 days. I did not know the part about killing the two pyromancers; Stumbled across the solution by accident.
    Edited by phairdon on April 22, 2014 11:20AM
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Shanna
    Shanna
    ✭✭✭
    i've been trying for 4 days now, at all different hours. not sure if I killed both of the guys holding the bugs with the tall beam of blue light (just know i've killed one of them several times while waiting for boss spawn.) Gonna try again after they apply this latest patch.
    This is all part of the game.
  • Daroc
    Daroc
    Been there for the last few days. Can't get the totem to charge. Killed, looked around, started the quest over. Waited at the "pop" site. Nothing to get it passed 0/3.
    Edited by Daroc on April 22, 2014 6:26PM
    Daroc Decimatus - AD EU PC
    Magicka Templar
  • Incogneatus
    Incogneatus
    Soul Shriven
    It's still broken. If it does take an hour to spawn, I'd still consider this broken. Nobody should have to wait that long to complete a trivial quest. The patch did nothing.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shanna wrote: »
    i've been trying for 4 days now, at all different hours. not sure if I killed both of the guys holding the bugs with the tall beam of blue light (just know i've killed one of them several times while waiting for boss spawn.) Gonna try again after they apply this latest patch.

You need to kill both for the spectral senche to spawn; you then kill the senche. After killing the senche the orbs appear. Get all three orbs before the guardian spawns at the end of the table. As stated above you might need to restart the game so the guardian spawns.
  • voitek91eb17_ESO
    voitek91eb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    What spectral senche? Didn't find any.
  • Shanna
    Shanna
    ✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    You need to kill both for the spectral senche to spawn; you then kill the senche. After killing the senche the orbs appear. Get all three orbs before the guardian spawns at the end of the table. As stated above you might need to restart the game so the guardian spawns.

great instructions, ty! I'll give it another try.

This is all part of the game.
  • Hypersillyman
    Hypersillyman
    ✭✭✭
    Still borked. Boss does not spawn. At all. Ever. Killing the pyromancers does nothing. Logging out and in does nothing. Even tried complete logout all the way to desktop, still nothing. Quest is broken. Completely and utterly broken. Needs to either be fixed in the next patch, or removed completely and kept gone until they can figure out how to make it work.
    LFG Fippy Darkpaw. PST.
  • Daroc
    Daroc
    Been trying for several days, waiting 90 minutes last evening, no boss.

Decided to try before heading to work today.

There he was! No one at the scene. Killed the boss and I was done.

Did not kill any of the other mobs in the neighborhood to get my counter past the 0/3. Killing the boss spawned three orbs that automatically counted for me.
    Edited by Daroc on April 23, 2014 9:06AM
    Daroc Decimatus - AD EU PC
    Magicka Templar
  • BETAOPTICS
    BETAOPTICS
    ✭✭
    Just ignore the stupid quest. I did and soon hitting to Veteran ranks. Probably today. Anyways, just ignore it and move on. That one quest will not change anything and I at least, am to the point where I will not even get the rewards from the quest because of my level.

It has taken them way too long to fix it.
  • laconicraven
    I understand I am foolish for this, but I am just one of those people that can't leave things unfinished. I have been sitting in the same spot for over a week now waiting for this to be fixed and there are tons of people sitting in the same spot who are doing the same as I am. This. Needs. To. Be. Fixed. Either fix the quest, or remove it for the time being so people won't be sitting around waiting for a solution. This is not the only bug that has been around for quite awhile and is not getting fixed, and as far as I can tell this quest is not in the upcoming patch notes either. And as I see, if there are steps missing from the quest text.. how hard would it be to simply change the text so people actually understand the way to finish or (various ways) to finish this quest.
    Edited by laconicraven on April 26, 2014 12:10AM
  • mjkvanbeekeb17_ESO
    mjkvanbeekeb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I have been trying this quest for three days now, I never even saw a boss.
  • Phabiusbile
    Phabiusbile
    ✭✭
    spent hours trying to wait for this to spawn.

I finally went around and noticed a couple of bugs with the big blue streaming lights in them still and killed 3-4 of the mobs harassing them then went back and he was up. But some people killed it before I got to it. I tested it again I killed the mobs next to the bugs with lights glowing out of them and he spawned again.

I think it may be lined to people killing off the Mobs that are harassing the spectral bugs. May explain why he doesn't spawn all the time and sometimes over and over again.

You may want to take a stroll around the circled area and kill off the mobs stated.
    Edited by Phabiusbile on April 28, 2014 6:00PM
  • JOnEB4EvR
    JOnEB4EvR
    I did as Phabiusbile said. Killed 3 of those pyromancers beaming on the bugs. Went straight back to the quest marker, and there he was, the spectral senche waiting for me. Killed him and walked through the 3 orbs to absorb into totem. Moved on.

After I finished and started running through the swamp area to finish the rest of the quest, I kept killing the pyros to help out any others waiting.
  • laconicraven
    I would say the most frustrating part of all of this is seeing people say that they actually managed to get it work. Unfortunately though killing the 3 pyromancers on the beaming bugs does not seem to be working for everyone. I myself have tried it, and seen other people do the same to no avail. He never ends up spawning, so it must just be working for some people but not others.