Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Its the little things...

Maestro_Sartori
Maestro_Sartori
✭✭✭
Hello

Inventory, I sit and stare at it for hours trying to figure out what to keep and what to throw away. I don't know what they were thinking when they made it so small...for the amount of items that they put in the game...

Other problem, I'm level 14, currently have 4 skill points and nothing really jumps out at me to put them in...what does that mean, that I have to wait for some more levels? Is that what you guys are doing?

Thanks
  • jezuitxb14_ESO
    Create some item holding characters. Fill their inventories with stuff you have sitting in the bank you're not ready to deal with yet and leave them sitting in the bank. Make three or four of those and you shouldn't have many problems.

As for skill points. I can't say I'm having that issue yet. I'd play around with one of the character building websites and see what strikes your fancy. Ask what you want to be doing end game, and try to build a character that's capable of doing just that. That should set you on that path you need to be on.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they intended for people to specialize in certain professions instead of attempting to gather all mats from every profession and hoard them. Granted, we are all trying to do that anyway. But I think that was the intention. Completely ignoring provisioning has largely solved my inventory problem.

And I don't save any skillpoints, myself. Though I know others that do.
  • byghostlightrwb17_ESO
    remember you passive skills, people tend to be very quick to add a new attack but sometimes passives, or armour or crafting is way better.

just depends on what you are wanting to play and how
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    I regularly run out of bag and bank space and have to be ruthless with myself. I don't have anything in the bank but materials, and I've stopped picking up any provisioning ingredients unless I have a recipe for them. I don't feel the need to hoard weapons and armor the way I have in other MMORPGs because it's so easy to make new gear.

I made a mule, but all he holds is my treasure maps (I opened them before I knew not to).

Every time I hit town, I research and deconstruct everything I'm carrying, then see if I can make something new that's even slightly better than my current gear.

My latest problem is that I picked up tons of glyphs in some quest or dungeon and I'm discovering the fun of enchanting. Now I'm out of space all over again.

Yes, I've always got a few spare skill points. I figure I can afford to wait and see what jumps out at me that I really want. Those points aren't going anywhere.
    Edited by Sue_D_Nim on April 10, 2014 4:04AM
    "If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
    "Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    @Sue_D_Nim‌ I fill up with runes too. Then I craft a bunch of glyphs and give them away to the parties I am in, or friends, or guildmates, etc. and sell what's unwanted. The same with Alchemy mats, but I normally sell the potions because so few of them are viable. I mean, who wants a potion of Restore and Ravage Health?
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • hilelorangutan
    I think everyone has had a problem with this as this is one of the most reoccurring threads here.

A big part I would say is figuring out early what if any crafting you want to do. Alchemy, Enchanting and Provisioning have practically worthless crafting mats so if you're not planning on actually using any of these crafting skills then I would suggest just not even collecting these mats and save all your space for the money items (ie gear and hard mats such as leather, ore and cloth)

In a long term sense though it does get better. I'm level 26, I have a horse that I'm leveling inventory space on, and I have 3 bag upgrades and 2 bank upgrades. If my inventory fills up now its because I've been out for a long while and it's full of goodies to be sold/deconstructed.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A big part I would say is figuring out early what if any crafting you want to do. Alchemy, Enchanting and Provisioning have practically worthless crafting mats so if you're not planning on actually using any of these crafting skills then I would suggest just not even collecting these mats and save all your space for the money items (ie gear and hard mats such as leather, ore and cloth)

This. Picking a profession or two that you ignore in the beginning solves a lot of bag issues. Completely ignoring provisioning alone has essentially fixed my space issues.