The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mac client with high graphic settings is unplayable

ink
ink
Frame rate and gameplay works just fine but random client crashes every ~25 minutes means you pretty much have to play with medium or low settings.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    ink wrote: »
    Frame rate and gameplay works just fine but random client crashes every ~25 minutes means you pretty much have to play with medium or low settings.
    Depends completely on which Mac you have and also where you play. In normal questing PVE it should be more like 2-3 hours is normal currently with default settings. Longer if you reduce Texture Quality down (depending on your graphics card and spec) Last night I played general questing 3-4 hours at Ultra-High with Shadow Quality set to Medium before relaunching game when the memory go close to limit.

In PvP it is known that it will crash more often due to the memory leak issue being more exposed to the much higher demands of big battles and lots of players. You can check the thread with details of this known issue here.
    Edited by Moonraker on April 15, 2014 11:48AM
  • arielb74b14_ESO
    I have the previous generation iMac and I've been playing at 1920x1080 with all of the graphics settings maxxed with no issues so far...
  • Carmina
    Carmina
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. So, Moonie, you are claiming that the crash rate is related to the resolution and the graphics settings.... that is... umm.... weird.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Carmina wrote: »
    Wow. So, Moonie, you are claiming that the crash rate is related to the resolution and the graphics settings.... that is... umm.... weird.
    Why is it weird?
  • Yshaar
    Yshaar
    ✭✭✭
    This is throughly tested since beta, where the crashes were worse. Moonraker is right.

You do not need to put all on medium though. JUST the texture quality.