Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

So, nightblades in the top 100

baseface
baseface
Currently for my campaign there are 41 nightblades in the top 100. Maybe a little nerfing would be justified?

Anyone wanna post how many nightblades are in their top 100? Mine was from Bloodthorn.
  • METALPUNKS
    METALPUNKS
    ✭✭✭
    Im a nightblade i love it. This is the first time i heard anyone say nightblade needs a nerf. Its usually NB sucks and all the other classes are amazing. I just feel many people are not playing a NB the correct way, the ones that say it sucks. Or they never played one. My nightblade is crazy good.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In PvP, the class with instance invis are always going to be more popular for 1 vs 1
  • SuperJChat
    SuperJChat
    ✭✭✭
    It would be more helpful if instead of saying "lots of class X in top 100, needs nerf" you could first figure out what level each nightblade in the top 100 is, if they are in a large pvp based guild, how active they are, and such. it also could just be your Campaign. Mine, for example, has 29 in the top 100 which is about 1/4, and there being only 4 classes it seems even to me. a majority of the nightblades in my campaign were under 50 too, but the top 10 had 5 in it, of which i know that 3 of them spend all of their time in pvp since they hit lvl 10 and havent gone back to questing.

I'm just saying before you cry "Nerf! Nerf!" you should consider all the variables.
    God knows we don't need another WoW "every class is equal because too many people wanted nerfs/buffs" MMO....

Food for thought
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    How is this a surprise? They're the most popular class. Of course they're going to have the highest representation, doesn't mean they're overpowered or something.
  • Osi
    Osi
    ✭✭✭
    They are the most popular 1v1 class, but in group they are VERY much inferior. Dragonknight and Sorcerer take the lead there with emphasis on AOE and CC, of which Nightblade has little.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    baseface wrote: »
    Currently for my campaign there are 41 nightblades in the top 100. Maybe a little nerfing would be justified?

Anyone wanna post how many nightblades are in their top 100? Mine was from Bloodthorn.

Here we go, nerfing affects more than your little top 100 competitive epeen match, Nightblades are hard enough in PvE thank you, nerfing would kill them off in the rest of the game..
  • baseface
    baseface
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    baseface wrote: »

Here we go, nerfing affects more than your little top 100 competitive epeen match, Nightblades are hard enough in PvE thank you, nerfing would kill them off in the rest of the game..

I guess you're one of the guys the first reply was talking about.
  • Kolache
    Kolache
    ✭✭✭✭
    Osi wrote: »
    They are the most popular 1v1 class, but in group they are VERY much inferior.

Whether or not there is any issue with balance, please don't even start with this argument. "I suck in groups, it makes sense that I dominate solo", made little sense in other MMOs and makes even less sense in ESO. If you're unhappy with the amount of multiple enemy/ally morphs your abilities have then ask for more. Meanwhile, just like everyone gets the option of being a tank, dps, or healer, I'm sure we'll all be happy to build out for solo, squad, and large group PvP.
    Something being unbalanced in 1v1 does not imply that it is balanced in group play.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game hasn't been out long enough to know if real balancing is needed yet. Not enough max level players to have a good idea of what the future holds.

Also, don't forget that from all of the (albeit unprofessional) polls I have seen, Nightblade is by far the most popular class. In addition, it would obviously be a popular class for PvP due to stealth. Those two facts in and of themselves could cause the skew you are noticing. It does not necessarily denote a needed balance.