Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Balance Request

leewells
leewells
✭✭✭
Devs,

Can you please restrict campaigns to one player from a single account? I ask because myself and most everyone on the pact side has seen first hand players that will "log over" to a level 15 toon to see what is going on in chat and even disrupt operations by setting up tents in the middle of no where in allied controlled areas (in the middle of mob/undead areas) to prevent aggressive or defensive forces from setting up future tents/camps.

At first I thought this was too creative to be planned, but when it happened today and for the second time I figured it measured beyond a mere coincidence so I decided to send one of the guys in our chat causing a disturbance a tell... A few mins later he was on the other side on another toon. I do not believe this was an intended effect.

I don't believe these players are breaking any current rulesets, which is why I'm asking if a restriction can be made that would limit players, in some capacity, from doing this and exploiting pvp in this way.

Thanks for the awesome game!
Edited by leewells on April 10, 2014 2:13AM
  • Darka
    Darka
    ✭✭
    I was under the impression it locked your toon per faction for a campaign so there would not be any of this sort of thing?
    Rather then lock your account to a campaign
    Jumping sides isn’t anything new, its very common in most games and there is always that group of pvpers who end up adding nothing but used to be one faction then all changed to the other side just to be “winners”

If you can add multi factions to your campaign what about lock out timer before re entry to pvp?
    It wont stop people on 3rd party chat/voice or people talking in guilds from being sneaky games never will,
    The Defender Gaming Community Est 2006
    Juganoth - Late Night Gaming on Ebon Heart Pact/Wabbajack
    Social Guild of Older Gamers
    "To Those who walked before us
    You made us what we are
    To Those who come after us
    Let us give as good as we got."
    Options
  • joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're not actually able to play two different alliances on the same campaign, even if you have toons in all alliances. If this is truly a single person spying and trying to be disruptive, they probably have multiple copies of the game.
    Fedrals / EP / Dunmer Nightblade

Options
  • leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    I was able to create an alt and join the same campaign, so it does not lock the account.
    Options
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leewells wrote: »
    I was able to create an alt and join the same campaign, so it does not lock the account.

Is that an alt on the same faction or a different faction?

Options
  • leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    @ThatHappyCat Different faction, try it.
    Options