Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Housing Store

Mortelus
Mortelus
✭✭✭
So a lot of people are asking for a public AH, and a lot of other people are dismissing it and standing firmly by the current system.

anyone who has played EQ2, (in the beginning,not sure if it still works like this now) will know what I am talking about.

Housing in EQ2 was great, you could decorate it, store things and set up a shop to sell your wares from. Buyers would look on a listing and see the sellers name and address and there was an option to travel to their home to buy the goods. Buyers would actually come to your home, look around a sit around and chat for a while, and usually while they were there they would buy other things from your store.

This could be implemented in to a market district, where people can rent/buy a store and sell their wares from, other players can walk around having a look at the store. Famous crafters would become well known throughout the community. You could design store signs to hang on you stall so everyone can recognize you.

You could even hire an assistant to help you sell while you are off line, or simply wanting to explore the world. Have the assistant limited to certain times of day or something so dedicated crafters and sellers would need to still spend time at their homes/stalls to sell things.

We would still have the communication between players, and if you go with the market district, it would be awesome seeing hundreds of players shopping around hundreds of different stalls for item.

Listings would be only per faction and each listing would hold 'x' amount of players. when you log in, you are automatically put into a group of shared listings once 'x' number is reached then new loggers would be put into another group of listings. Or a similar workable system.

What are your thought on this.
Edited by Mortelus on April 10, 2014 1:12AM
Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?
  • Marpat_Ninja
    This would be an awesome idea!
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    And maybe you go to the bank and a get mortgage to help finance that new horse. One has to keep up with Joneses and all that. :cold_sweat:

Seriously though, I am a fan letting the current system ride for a while before I suggest changing it. I think there is a lot of potential in it and I want to see what we, the players, do with it. One thing I have learned in life is that every solution comes with a new set of problems and rushing to judgement about a complex system involving human behavior is a good way to get unexpected problems.

In a few months or more the forums may be flooded with "I told you so" posts that make today's doom sayers tomorrows messiahs. Then again, maybe not.
    Edited by Lazarus_Long on April 10, 2014 12:50AM
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not just EQ2, but Ultima Online did it first! And then DAOC did it pretty good too.
  • Firestar_
    Firestar_
    ✭✭✭
    ESO is not TES without housing :P
    Firestar - Imperial Templar - Ebonheart Pact
    Reasons-For-War - Argonian Dragonknight - Ebonheart Pact
    Pearl Winterstone - Orc Sorcerer - Ebonheart Pact
    Jerro - Dunmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    And maybe you go to the bank and a get mortgage to help finance that new horse. One has to keep up with Joneses and all that. :cold_sweat:

Seriously though, I am a fan letting the current system ride for a while before I suggest changing it. I think there is a lot of potential in it and I want to see what we, the players, do with it. One thing I have learned in life is that every solution comes with a new set of problems and rushing to judgement about a complex system involving human behavior is a good way to get unexpected problems.

In a few months or more the forums may be flooded with "I told you so" posts that make today's doom sayers tomorrows messiahs. Then again, maybe not.

I am not saying get rid of the current system, keep it in. I am saying add this system also.

I am predominantly a solo player, and I do not want to join 5 x 500 man guilds just to sell some things, nor do I want to pee people off by spamming chat with my wares.

For the solo'er a system like this would be appealing. Keep the larger guild stores, the advantage to them is you do not have to be at the store to sell.

In this system, you have to remain at your store. Swings-and-roundabouts.
    Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    This will be my last post in this thread. You get a quote.

"We must make a radical turn, at 360 degrees." --Todor Zhivkov
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already have a house in ESO, the problem is, other people keep walking into it and looting my desks and cupboards!
  • annarr1117nub18_ESO
    Player Housing in TESO "MUST" be AWESOME such as player housing is in current hit medieval fantasy genre MMORPGs folks!
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm behind housing. Hells, I'd even pay money for the feature, as long as I get to build my own house and furnish/decorate it.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to FIRST add the ability to search the guild auction house with words... because our guild of 500 has WAY to many items to search... and the lag is crazy when hitting the next button.
  • Jadeviper1974
    Jadeviper1974
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting idea, however, I think they should concentrate on stabilizing the game first. Then worry about fluffy stuff.
    What is written above are my honest opinions. If you agree then; "Great!" If you disagree; "Great!" I really couldn't care less either way.
  • Jadeviper1974
    Jadeviper1974
    ✭✭✭
    They need to FIRST add the ability to search the guild auction house with words... because our guild of 500 has WAY to many items to search... and the lag is crazy when hitting the next button.

I think they should make it where you can search all of your guilds at once and/or exclude guild "c" while still searching "A,B, D, and E"
    What is written above are my honest opinions. If you agree then; "Great!" If you disagree; "Great!" I really couldn't care less either way.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no issue with the concept of housing, but I refuse to expect or get excited about it. I just can't see it happening.