The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Losing satisfiction.

Royalbadass
Hello people!
I've been playing ESO since the 5day early acces, only lvl 18 though, cos i just stay in PvP all the time. I play a Nightblade wearing heavy armor, and using duel wield, though im experiencing 2handed.

Anyways. Am i the only one thinking that pvp is waaaaaaay unbalanced?
Ofcause i can understand it will be hard to balance, but really...
For example the guys using shield, they just have to right click and you cant do anything.

Often you have to wait along time for a 1v1 fight, and when you finally get one, there comes 3-5 people right after and kills you, and you have to run all the way back to the spot.

What can i change? Are nightblades bad? I've always played PvP, in every MMO i play. Had a warrior 2,4k rated in WoW, but i just cant seem to find the right setup in ESO.

The response of spells and actions also seems really bad from time to time. And my connection has nothing wrong with it.?
I Am Not Always Wrong
But When I Am
So Are You
B)
  • LilMcGinley
    LilMcGinley
    ✭✭
    For example the guys using shield, they just have to right click and you cant do anything.

- All classes have a block, you too can hit right click and boom, you are blockin'

Sadly, you WILL have to do PvE to level in this game. PvP leveling is gone unless they fix it.
    Options
  • darkdruidssb14_ESO
    darkdruidssb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I think part of your problem is that your WoW PvPing is filling you with expectations of how large scale PvP should be. AvA.. RvR...WvW.. it's an entirely different beast to small scale WoW style death matches.

If 3-5 guys are jumping you after a kill then you were too close to their group if you were looking for 1v1 action. I am guessing you want to stealth gank players. In that case look at the paths the enemy would take to get to the main fight and don't stick to the zerg at the fight. Try to pick out players that are well away from any convenient allies.

Nightblade as a class is pretty much designed for the role you are seeking. They have the best escape tools. It could be your build. Your gear. The targets you are choosing.
    Options
  • Darka
    Darka
    ✭✭
    The bait nd switch is an old tactic.
    Leave one player “alone” as a bait for people to attack, they get drawn in and your group pops out of “nowhere” and smacks them a new one
    What can you do? Be cautious, take your time. Draw them out, often the bait will try kite/lead you back to a spot.
    Try kiting them, or call for back up in chat

We have all had this happen to us, and all done it ourselves
    PvP numbers will always help, as the saying goes there is strength in numbers
    The Defender Gaming Community Est 2006
    Juganoth - Late Night Gaming on Ebon Heart Pact/Wabbajack
    Social Guild of Older Gamers
    "To Those who walked before us
    You made us what we are
    To Those who come after us
    Let us give as good as we got."
    Options
  • Royalbadass
    I think part of your problem is that your WoW PvPing is filling you with expectations of how large scale PvP should be. AvA.. RvR...WvW.. it's an entirely different beast to small scale WoW style death matches.

If 3-5 guys are jumping you after a kill then you were too close to their group if you were looking for 1v1 action. I am guessing you want to stealth gank players. In that case look at the paths the enemy would take to get to the main fight and don't stick to the zerg at the fight. Try to pick out players that are well away from any convenient allies.

Nightblade as a class is pretty much designed for the role you are seeking. They have the best escape tools. It could be your build. Your gear. The targets you are choosing.

Thanks, good comment. I do like playing the nightblade, though im having trouble escaping. Im not sure if the game is bugged. But after killing a player, i am still detectable for like 30sec. Also when i use nightblades vanish, i dont leave combat.
    I Am Not Always Wrong
    But When I Am
    So Are You
    B)
    Options
  • rdfarley89
    rdfarley89
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone on Reddit seems to agree that most of the posts on the official forum here are people complaining...yet most on reddit are happy with the game. Hmmm.
    Options
  • Royalbadass
    rdfarley89 wrote: »
    Everyone on Reddit seems to agree that most of the posts on the official forum here are people complaining...yet most on reddit are happy with the game. Hmmm.
    Writing that made your life better, yeh?
    I Am Not Always Wrong
    But When I Am
    So Are You
    B)
    Options
  • Darka
    Darka
    ✭✭
    Well Look at any game forum post launch its all "sky is falling sky is falling" negative posts
    Its nothing new,
    The Defender Gaming Community Est 2006
    Juganoth - Late Night Gaming on Ebon Heart Pact/Wabbajack
    Social Guild of Older Gamers
    "To Those who walked before us
    You made us what we are
    To Those who come after us
    Let us give as good as we got."
    Options
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    though im having trouble escaping. Im not sure if the game is bugged.
    The issue is that you're level 18 with enough level 50 players that have far more skills than you. Or just players with more skill points.

Your gear choice needs work. Heavy armor doesn't synchronize well with a NB, and it means little at level 18 as everything is normalized.

If you need to get away, use uppercut and shadow cloak. But do NOT wait until the last minute to do it. Once you see opponents running your way, hit it, because you WILL get snared and zerged down if you're doing solo PvP work in Cyrodiil. And god help you if you get an AF DK on your tail - you're going to get yanked into the group, and at your level, no way to avoid it.
    Edited by Sihnfahl on April 10, 2014 12:50AM
    Options
  • Zintair
    Zintair
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can block and avoid DK pull.

I'd suggest PvE leveling at least to 30-40.

Also Heavy Armor is crap, the soft cap for mitigation is already so low it isn't doing anything for you. Go medium armor for the passive bonuses or Light for magicka regen etc.

dual wield and bow are your friends as well. Stamina abilities seemed to be scaling much better in Cyrodiil than magicka.
    Vokundein
    Zintair aka Primetime - VR14 - Guild Leader and PvP Dept Leader

www.Legend-Gaming.net
    Options
  • rdfarley89
    rdfarley89
    ✭✭✭
    rdfarley89 wrote: »
    Writing that made your life better, yeh?

Well, at least I am not so vain as to create my username as "RoyalBadass", but yes I suppose it did give me some sort of slight satisfaction in my quite unimportant and somewhat miserable life.
    Options
  • jpp
    jpp
    ✭✭✭
    I do not see it as bad as many describe. Just few thoughts.
    - do not expect 1 against 3 to have big chances (but I have seen 1 winning against 3)
    - do not expect lvl10 win against VR players. If it was possible then it would make no sense to level up and train skills. Just low levels should be more focused on support activities (siege weapons and always keep in big groups - I'm just sick to see guys running alone in chain and beeing killed on the way by group of 3 people then they respawn without any notification in zone and run same way again)
    - there might be some bugs and exploits that make some classes and combinations OP. this is unfortunately fixed very slowly and does not keep proper attention of developers, but leads to: those who chosen badly are likely to give up the game, but those who benefit are also very dissapointed when their OP status is fixed and also scream about laudly.
    - the game promised: be everything you want (just need to respec and train skills), but reality is that choice of class actually makes you very specialized and provides a lot of skills that will never be able to replace, so once you choose the class you are bound to your role just loke in other MMOs. You eventually can choose different weapon (but why sorcered would do this?) or different armor (heavy seems not provide enough bonus and all wear combinations of light/med/heavy) but usually there is no freedom in usefull builds.
    Options
  • Royalbadass
    jpp wrote: »
    I do not see it as bad as many describe. Just few thoughts.
    - do not expect 1 against 3 to have big chances (but I have seen 1 winning against 3)
    - do not expect lvl10 win against VR players. If it was possible then it would make no sense to level up and train skills. Just low levels should be more focused on support activities (siege weapons and always keep in big groups - I'm just sick to see guys running alone in chain and beeing killed on the way by group of 3 people then they respawn without any notification in zone and run same way again)
    - there might be some bugs and exploits that make some classes and combinations OP. this is unfortunately fixed very slowly and does not keep proper attention of developers, but leads to: those who chosen badly are likely to give up the game, but those who benefit are also very dissapointed when their OP status is fixed and also scream about laudly.
    - the game promised: be everything you want (just need to respec and train skills), but reality is that choice of class actually makes you very specialized and provides a lot of skills that will never be able to replace, so once you choose the class you are bound to your role just loke in other MMOs. You eventually can choose different weapon (but why sorcered would do this?) or different armor (heavy seems not provide enough bonus and all wear combinations of light/med/heavy) but usually there is no freedom in usefull builds.

Great comment.
    Thanks. Ive decided to lvl to fifte before pvping again.
    But thanks alot of the comment :)
    I Am Not Always Wrong
    But When I Am
    So Are You
    B)
    Options
  • viper24_89b14a_ESO
    viper24_89b14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I just don't understand why so many people are making complete judgments on ESO when they haven't even got past lvl 20. Especially in a pvp zone where everything is lvl 50. The gameplay could and does completely change by the time you gain those 30 extra levels.

And this game isn't made for people to escape in pvp, especially when solo. There are just no built in mechanics for it. Except sorcerer, which is pretty OP.
    "For a few to be immortal, many must die."
    Options
  • Marstar
    Marstar
    Hello people!
    I've been playing ESO since the 5day early acces, only lvl 18 though, cos i just stay in PvP all the time. I play a Nightblade wearing heavy armor, and using duel wield, though im experiencing 2handed.

Anyways. Am i the only one thinking that pvp is waaaaaaay unbalanced?
    Ofcause i can understand it will be hard to balance, but really...

Often you have to wait along time for a 1v1 fight, and when you finally get one, there comes 3-5 people right after and kills you, and you have to run all the way back to the spot.

What can i change? Are nightblades bad? I've always played PvP, in every MMO i play. Had a warrior 2,4k rated in WoW, but i just cant seem to find the right setup in ESO.

The response of spells and actions also seems really bad from time to time. And my connection has nothing wrong with it.?

You are falling further and further behind the curve, no different to doing Arena with gear from 4 seasons ago.

You are lacking skill points which means you don't have the passive bonuses to improve your character's synergies.

Your set-up is counter intuitive. How is spell resist on Heavy Armor helping you kill people quicker when you jump them? Medium Armor is what you should be wearing for +crit damage and stam recovery.

Bow (as one of your weapons) is a no-brainer. Why get in close to "the guys using shield" and not sit back and dot/kite them while they block? They aren't going to kill you doing that, and you'll have better awareness of others coming to his aid. You can always get in quick with Teleport Strike or 2H charge if needed.

No offense, as I'm trying to give you valuable advice, but this isn't WoW where the class is made for you and you can roll your face across the keyboard while a pocket healer keeps you alive.

p.s. Vampire Mistform is your escape mechanism, but you're light-years away from obtaining that.
    Options