Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Character creation area too dark

Victus
Victus
✭✭✭
Not entirely sure where this would go under discussions, and doing a search yielded nothing.

Much like the ability to change what type of gear looks on your character when you are in the creation process, but would it be possible to add a brighter area to view him/her in as well? This seems especially bad when creating Argonians, whereas I am thinking the skin color I am picking is going to be pretty dark but when I arrive in game it really doesn't seem to be what I had in mind. The dark dungeon with campfire default light setting seems a bit difficult to really get a good grasp on what your chracter is going to look like out in the game world.

Am I missing something perhaps?
Throm the First - Redguard Dragon Knight - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is definitely worse for some races than others. Since you get 8 slots, all I can recommend is to make your character then keep rerolling him if you see something you don't like when you get out in the world.
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭
    Yep I've done that with my 2 Argonian characters... the first time was not what I expected but still was pleasantly surprised with the results, the second time I did reroll a couple just to try and get it right :neutral_face:
    Throm the First - Redguard Dragon Knight - Daggerfall Covenant
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭
    You can boost your brigthness settings this helped me a bit. Boost it in game in the graphic settings 3rd item (can't remembrr the correct name) for playing you can set it back as you wish. They shoulx make it so that you are in the light not the shade.
    Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I far prefer when games use in game daylight lighting in the character create. This one is so hard to tell colors.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, you could not play a lizard.

<3
  • Deumont
    Deumont
    I had this problem with the 1st dark elf I made could not hardly see them in the editor. Next day I went to make a character after I had been playing another while it was night time in the game. Logged out and into the creation screen and could not see very well. Closed and logged onto my wood elf later. Realized it was bright and sunny so I closed it and open the editor and it was bright and I could see just fine. I havent tested this to see if it will happen again so it might just be coincidence but it seemed like the light setting from my previous game carried over to the creation screen.
  • Thesiren
    Thesiren
    ✭✭✭
    Mine would bug out sometimes and be very dark, like the whole character was in shadow. I would just back out of the character creation screen to the main character screen, then hit Create again and go back in, and that would usually fix it fine.

I have a Radeon 7970 with the newest drivers, but ATI has always been flukey so I just attributed it to that. :D