Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Pets

SoulSeekerUSA
SoulSeekerUSA
✭✭✭
Pets need to be a learned skill, they take up to much space.
  • Frosthawk
    Frosthawk
    ✭✭✭
    It would be better to have pet tab which could contain pet(s) what you have instead of current common inventory where you can accidentally even delete them.
    EU - Adlmeri Dominion
    Sanquin's tester
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A learned skill mechanically wouldn't function with bonus vanity bets, buying them from vendors if that is ever a thing, etc. They would have to create a whole skill line for it. Certainly not worth the effort for something so trivial. Other things are more important.
  • Rastaban
    Rastaban
    ✭✭✭
    Pets need to be a learned skill, they take up to much space.

They need to set it up like it is in WoW. They have a pretty good pet system of organization there that doesn't impinge on game play, bank space or bag space in any way.

• SoulSeekerUSA
    SoulSeekerUSA
    ✭✭✭
    Well as it is right now, they are nothing but clutter.
    Edited by SoulSeekerUSA on April 9, 2014 7:50PM
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well as it is right now, they are nothing but clutter.

That sounds about right for vanity items, does it not?
    Edited by Vikova on April 9, 2014 7:55PM
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭
    I like the pets. There are 3 so spread them over ya chars and enjoy them. Or delete them if you don't like them.
    Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The pokemon achievement, you need to collect 12 different pets but there is not currently 12 different pets in game yet. Wonder what the others will be!

I want a duck!
    Edited by Natjur on April 9, 2014 9:31PM
  • Zewks
    Zewks
    ✭✭✭
    Pets are one of the big failed elements of this game right now.

Not only do you constantly have to resummon them (oops, ran through some water? resummon!), but the simple fact that they arent an account wide recognized asset is just absurd. Its 2014. Mmmo's have been doing mini pets per CHARACTER for years now, not something you have to transfer over via the shared bank just to use.

I have a strong feeling the who pet functionality was thrown in last minute just so they could offer presale and CE perks. /disappointed until they improve it.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    The pokemon achievement, you need to collect 12 different pets but there is not currently 12 different pets in game yet. Wonder what the others will be!

I want a duck!

I'd love a gnat or mosquito, that would make me actually use a vanity pet. Only I would know it is there, too small to see.
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RakeWorm wrote: »

That sounds about right for vanity items, does it not?

Quoted for maximum truth.

I deleted my pets on purpose the first day of early access. Don't want them, don't need them, would rather not see them or hear their obnoxious noises everywhere.

Edit: I'd like to see crafting stations become a "no pet zone". Horses and pets despawn a decent distance away, being unsummonable until you get outside the despawn radius.
    Edited by MercyKilling on April 9, 2014 10:09PM
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • The_Death_Princess
    The_Death_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    Have to ask yourself, why does every MMO have to follow the Asian trend of pets, clothes, weapon styles,etc. collectibles. Reference to Asia is the cultural trend of those gaming corporations (i.e Aion etc) to embrace fluff. WoW did it for marketing, along with Pandas.

Honestly I hope they don't go down the slippery slope of that crap.
    Astaria Dødfurstinna
    Official Hunter Community Lead DAOC
    (Pendragon Beta through Catacombs release)
    Look at this but dont QQ: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/hfxYcf
  • Kemono
    Kemono
    ✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »

I want a duck!
    There is exactly 12 pets in game right now. (based on EsoHead item list)
    But :
    One is beta monkey
    One is Imperial Edition crab (Nibenay Mudcrab)

AND one is from store or at least i think so. Its second mudcrab (Rufous Mudcrab) -some folks get them by accident with IE rewards
    You need ALL of them to get achievement