Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Nightblade Dual wield Spells on actionbar

Zilas
Zilas
✭✭✭
For you melee nightblades out there, I am wondering, what build are you going with?

What spells do you use for single target, and what spells do you use when you engage a 3 mob pack?

And what's your current level?

I've tried a few different combinations now and I still feel like I'm not doing enough damage compared to others, so I'm wondering if others feel alike or if my build is just *** up.
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    I basically use all my assassination line skills (pure magika) against solo, but I tend to use more of my DW skills in group combat. I also tend to keep silver bolts handy, as it is quite useful in group fighting against undead and daedra. You can keep 1 or 2 down while attacking the others. It deals decent damage (with a chance to banish) and reduces the amount of mobs that are attacking you at the same time.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put points in your passives, especially armour ones. Don't wear just medium, do a 5/2 mix with heavy or light depending if you are going for health/defense or magicka regen. Use at least the first skill from siphoning line and the second to CC mobs if you are against more than one (it also damages). Many DW passives raise your damage and crit (like some medium passives). Sorry if I am being vague but haven't played my NB since launch, I am on a DK right now.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Lotus Fan as my opener against a group. Against solo, it's Surprise Attack. Also, Shadowy Disguise is a must for a quick takedown. If I need to quickly take out the healer of a group, I use Lotus Fan, immediately re-stealth and hit with a Surprise Attack. Then I just hit them until they're down, which is usually only one hit more.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Lotus Fan as my opener against a group. Against solo, it's Surprise Attack. Also, Shadowy Disguise is a must for a quick takedown. If I need to quickly take out the healer of a group, I use Lotus Fan, immediately re-stealth and hit with a Surprise Attack. Then I just hit them until they're down, which is usually only one hit more.

This seems to be the most common tactic I've been hearing people discuss. I haven't leveled my NB enough to really test things out for myself, but I see people praise LF and SA quite a bit.
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For single target I use Twin Slashes morphed to heal on bleed, then strife morphed for more healing then rapid strikes and that usually finishes them. If they are not dead I'll throw in another rapid strikes or heavy attack depending on Stamina. This does good damage and keeps a good amount of healing on you while you are at it.

For groups I use Teleport Strike morphed to Lotus fan to damage two additional guys, then use Whirlwind morphed to a larger AE area. Usually that will wipe out a pretty good sized group. If you can get in to sneak and line yourself up so you are behind most of the group Lotus Fan will do more damage on the initial strike.