The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Crafting Research Durations

Emagenation
Evening

Hoping someone can help :)

Is there any way of knowing how long the next craft research will take. I;ve looked in several places and mostly it just says 'can take days' whereas what i've found is more:

PIR Duration
0 6hrs
1 12hrs
2 24hrs
3 2 days
(PIR=Previous items researched for item trait)

Also when the craft skill boosts quote 5% craft research reduction etc., how do skills affect these times?

Any help would be great?
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    From what I've seen it doubles each time, 6hrs, 12hrs, 1 day, 2 days, and I've heard (though haven't gotten to this point yet) 4 days, etc. Ive tried to find out myself as well but havent seen a definite list. At this point mine has doubled each time.

The skill reduces it 5%. 24 hours becomes 22.8 or so... far as i can tell.
  • TJBs_Sharrarp
    TJBs_Sharrarp
    Soul Shriven
    This is what it is I believe, please correct me if im wrong

Item 1-6hrs
    2-12hrs
    3-24hrs (1day)
    4-2 days
    5- 4 days
    6- 8 days
    7- 16 days
    8- 32 days
    I found it on the website below and so far for me it is correct. It also should help you with the question about the 5%.

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Traits#.U0WYGvldVDN
  • Ithug
    Ithug
    ✭✭
    32 days is still ****** long :P
    *Kal Vas Flam*
    - "You better run..."

Can. Qc* IGN @Ithug
  • TJBs_Sharrarp
    TJBs_Sharrarp
    Soul Shriven
    Ithug wrote: »
    32 days is still ****** long :P

Ya i agree but with the 20% off research time it is "only" 25.6 days so thats a little help. lol

• SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    It might actually be faster to just create an alt and level them up and research the last trait.
  • Jirki88
    Jirki88
    ✭✭✭
    It might actually be faster to just create an alt and level them up and research the last trait.

Please explain this reasoning? This sure wouldn't help for the sets that require eight researched traits. Because if research is account-wide... it won't matter, the research spots will be busy. And if it isn't, your alt will face the same problem eventually. o.o
    Veritas et aequitas, et usque ad mortem.
  • Celtic_Wolf
    Celtic_Wolf
    ✭✭✭
    having the multiple research slots would help more, i'd think
  • Kuratla
    Kuratla
    ✭✭✭
    We do have multiple research slots. Get a 2nd at rank 8 in the skill (iirc) and a 3rd some time later. I'll end up stopping around 7 traits on each item until they are all done and then start the 8s. Since... as far as I've seen, there is no set gear that requires 7 or more traits to make. I'm sure they are out there somewhere but I haven't found those crafting sites yet.
    V14 Templar Argonian Healer, V12 DK Orc Tank, V2 Sorcerer High Elf DPS, V1 Templar Breton DPS, V1 Nightblade Bosmer DPS, and 3 low levels.

Check out my ESO journal["http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/66004/kuratla-s-eso-journal"]
  • Emagenation
    Thanks for the feedback... greatly appreciated as I now have an idea of times :smiley:
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    Jirki88 wrote: »
    Please explain this reasoning?
    A new character would only need 6 hours to research the trait, as opposed to the many weeks a Master would require to do it.
    Jirki88 wrote: »
    This sure wouldn't help for the sets that require eight researched traits.
    That is true if your goal is getting all eight traits instead of the one trait.
  • sociald100ub17_ESO
    honestly half of the traits you are probably never going to use. so do those last when possible.