Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Suggestion - A suggestions forum... and zone chat flags

a_thielen_ESO
Is this really the only thing closest to a general chat or suggestions or feedback forum? I feel like I must be blind, but I can't find anywhere else.

My idea is to help accommodate RP'ers, more mature players, and families that are playing.

Zone chat flags. You set one in interface options and every other player that has those same chat flags in the same zone as you will be in that zone chat, split as necessary. I think for 15 dollars a month you can throw in a moderator too, where other players can report chat content unsuitable for that flag. False reports could come with a short ban from reporting or using that flag, to deter abusing the system.

I don't think moderators are required to at least make this an option, but like I said for 15 dollars a month, it would be a small part of the budget and probably go a long way towards retaining players.

Here are some examples:
general
in-character
family friendly
off-topic
zone grouping
pvp

You could even associate some flags with special settings and phase players together with the same flags.

In LFG make players near each other who aren't in a premade group autogroup together.

Family friendly could have a more strict chat filter.

PvP could allow players to kill each other

This is something that's been proposed in the past (like phasing, someday will get adopted by some mmo, would be nice if it were this one.).
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aren't you really just talking about a guild at that point? I mean, isn't that kind of what guilds are for anyway?