Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Total noob question - When you see the Prompt to Interrupt in Combat

Resipsa131
Resipsa131
✭✭✭
Do you hit the right mouse button and the left mouse button at the same time or hit the right mouse button and then quickly hit the the left?I'm playing a Dark Magic Mage so I've had fewer opportunities to interrupt than other characters but when I do it always seems to derp out. Teach me wise combat-sages.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    I typically hit right then left while holding it (since blocking doesn't trigger a bigger animation like the left click attack might). Blocking seems to interrupt my own actions better as well, so I'm more confident in landing the interrupt.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't noticed difference in the two approaches, they both seem to work (though I think you are supposed to use both button together).
    The only thing I noticed is, if the mob has the reddish glow/sparkles, I use both buttons, if it is the yellowish, I only block with the right button and they get stunned
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Blocking first produces far more consistent results for me.
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Block first then quickly hit the left mouse button after. The interrupt animation is a continuation of the block animation.
  • Resipsa131
    Resipsa131
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the responses,