The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Rawhide farming spots

Gareske
Gareske
I find about 90% more jute and iron more (that im not looking for) than rawhide. Anyone know any good spots to collect rawhide scraps/rawhide?
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crabs, Wolves, Imps, rats, deer, etc all drop leather.

You have to kill stuff to get it.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're Ebonheart, hit up Crow's Wood. I've found a ton of crocodiles and werewolves in Daggerfall that serve. Dunno about AD.
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, crocs and werewolves.. I forgot about them.
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    If your on Dominion, walk along the coast and kill mudcrabs and bats. Great source of rawhide
  • dannomite82
    dannomite82
    ✭✭
    Netches are another common mob that drops leather (If you're Ebonheart). But when in doubt, find the sea and hunt crabs.

Holgrum put some pants on. Holgrum heal me I'm dying. Nag... Nag... Nag...
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    And if, you read the "Get the Stats" news item from launcher you can keep track of number of mudcrabs you have left to kill befor hitting level 50 XD
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • XCleverGirlx
    I stopped getting rawhide and now only get hide or leather. Did I level up to far to be able to collect it? I'm level 31 and I've been stuck with the same clothier writ forever.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I have found since the Tamriel 1 update some time ago is that about half the medium armor mat dropped is rawhide and the other half is matched to my character's current character level. This seems independent of whatever perks you may or may not have in medium armor. So at nearly CP300, I get about half rawhide and half rubedo.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @XCleverGirlx

Your character will pick up mats that are 50/50 between your player level and your crafting level. For example, if you are level 40 and can craft up to level 30 cloth, the nodes will be bald for level 40 leather and half level 30. (I forget the specific mats...full leather and hide, I think).

Your problem is that you leveled your clothing while holding an old writ. Go into your quest log, abandon that writ quest, then pick up a new one. The system should ask for higher level stuff that matched the nodes.

If that doesn't work, let me know here using @me in the post so that the system dings me, and we can troubleshoot it. But I think that will solve your issue. When you level your crafting passives, you need new writs to match the higher level.
  • XCleverGirlx
    I figured it out almost right after I posted lol. I didn't realize I could abandon a quest/writ.
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    Riften

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Greybeards & Gals Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild