Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Stealth Detection Distance

Hawke
Hawke
✭✭✭✭
I made a post about this, but a thread might be better for the search function on the website to see it better.

This is work done by phoenix12 on Tamrielfoundry.com. I am just formatting it.

Without Racial or Armor bonuses:
o Detection radius is approximately 4m when directly behind an enemy. (closer than this results in being detected)
o Detection radius is approximately 15m when directly in front of enemy. (Closer than this results in being detected)
o Detection radius describes the radius the target can see you, ie…this radius emanates FROM target.

With Medium Armor Bonuses
o Detection radius is approximately 2.6m when directly behind your target. (4m minus 35%)
o Detection radius is approximately 9.75m when directly in front of enemy. (15m minus 35%)
o Basically, this bonus reduces your targets detection radius.

With Racial and Medium Armor bonuses
o Detection radius is approximately .65m when directly behind target. (4m-3m minus 35%)
o Detection radius is approximately 7.8m when directly in front of target. (15m-3m minus 35%)
o These bonuses do stack, the racial bonus pushes against their detection radius.

These numbers are not offical from Zenimax, however Phoenix12 did do extensive testing to come up with em.

Thanks Phoenix12 for the work on this.

Please feel free to reference this, bump it, rate it AND/OR correct it with other numbers and please show your work.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty.
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. It was my google fu trying to understand how it works. Someone else came up with the numbers.

How he came up with the 35% I am not certain, since it is 6% per piece of medium armor.. 7 pieces is 42% and 5 pieces is only 30%.

Hopefully he will stumble here and help me out :cold_sweat: