Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Eastmarch - getting to skuldafn and mistwatch?

Inversus
Inversus
✭✭✭✭✭
Skuldafn and mistwach are both areas that you cannot get to by walking, but apparently it is possible to get there.
So how do you get to these two areas?
VR14 EH Sorc
VR1 AD NB Crafter

Best Answer

• Mulk
    Mulk
    ✭✭✭
    I last did these a couple of months ago in the PTS, so my memory may be a bit fuzzy. The Mistwatch keep thing, if I recall correctly feeds through a woman who is friendly with the giants and it's somewhere not terribly far away from the northern side of Mistwatch. It leads to a giant giving you a boost into the grounds.

As for Skuldafn, it's the culmination of the zone story line. If you've really done all the quests, you cannot miss it - you'll be given a quest to enter Skuldafn from below by a cavern. It comes from the encampment just below Skuldafn.
    Answer ✓
  • Mulk
    Mulk
    ✭✭✭
    quests. I'm not going to spoil it further, but there are quests that unlock each area.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mulk wrote: »
    quests. I'm not going to spoil it further, but there are quests that unlock each area.

Been through eastmarch, taken all quests as I went.
    Anyone know the location of the quests?
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Mulk - the main line of quests is being glitchy for me which is why I haven't been able to do it. I'll have to come back later on.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • striker67b16_ESO
    i started the questline after finishing Joruun's stand
  • Blinkstalker
    Blinkstalker
    Soul Shriven
    First of all in order to unlock Mistwatch you must get the quest Lifeline i think it was from Fort Amol (after you finish the zone and complete it you will take Lifeline quest). This one takes you around Eastmarch after you complete it you will be sent to a cave east of Dragon's Hallow there you will start the quests for Mistwatch. Finally after you finish the quests at Mistwatch and complete it you will be sent to Jorunn's Stand and after that to Skuldafn.

Hope this helps ^-^!

P.S: the quest from Fort Amol is situated inside the keep walls :D

Cheers!
  • Ursu
    Ursu
    Soul Shriven
    You have to complete most quests in the zone to get quests that will get you there. For Mistwatch there is a quest "Lifeline". After I finished the quests to the west in the middle of the zone where you release mammoths and attack a gated area I got a quest leading me to a cave opening on the north-west side of the hill Mistwatch is on. There they created a portal up to Mistwatch. For the other area you have to have completed all other quests in the zone I think and a whole series in the area below preparing to attack. Look for all the quest hubs on your map and make sure they are all completed (white). If not, wander around that area looking for quest givers on your compass.
  • Hyrisk
    Hyrisk
    Soul Shriven
    First of all in order to unlock Mistwatch you must get the quest Lifeline i think it was from Fort Amol (after you finish the zone and complete it you will take Lifeline quest). This one takes you around Eastmarch after you complete it you will be sent to a cave east of Dragon's Hallow there you will start the quests for Mistwatch. Finally after you finish the quests at Mistwatch and complete it you will be sent to Jorunn's Stand and after that to Skuldafn.

Hope this helps ^-^!

Cheers!

this is helpful but i got the lifeline quest after i completed the quests it tells you what to do. so i dont think its possible for me to complete it ever.
  • paulst1ck
    paulst1ck
    Sorry for dusting off this post but I am in similar situation. I got an achievement for completing all quests in Eastmarch while I was never able to access skuldafn, mistwatch and complete Jurdunn's Stand. Did you manage to get this sorted at the end?
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Did you finish the faction quests?

Its possible to miss Cradlecrush and the giants, but the others are pretty much following the main faction quest.
  • paulst1ck
    paulst1ck
    JKorr hard to say as I would think it involves getting onto these 2 places and completing Jurdunn's stand? Problem is that I have no quests available within the map. Getting the achievement for all quests completed within Eastmarch makes things even more complicated.
  • paulst1ck
    paulst1ck
    Anyone has any suggestions? Turning to other players because after 10 days of waiting and useless suggestions from technical support I lost hope they will ever take it seriously.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    paulst1ck wrote: »
    Anyone has any suggestions? Turning to other players because after 10 days of waiting and useless suggestions from technical support I lost hope they will ever take it seriously.

You start a quest at the south west part called sleeping on the job. It takes about 2hrs in total to access this area. There is a tunnel by the dwemer ruin that opens part way through and then you can access the area. Quest starts in Fort amol. It's the single most grieving lore book find also which is by the way shrine in this zone.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • paulst1ck
    paulst1ck
    Thanks buddy. I have done all of that, all the quests, all 3 part of lifeline quest etc. I know the location of the cave leading to mistwatch, I was told that Thane Oda Wolf-Sister should be there and give me a quest, unfortunately she is still against the Prince Imskar tent with no quest for me whatsoever. I did located as well the entrance to the Skuldafn tunnel, of course i cannot access this either.

I probably ran around the whole map 15-20 times in lat 2 weeks to find anything to no avail.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks buddy. I have done all of that, all the quests, all 3 part of lifeline quest etc. I know the location of the cave leading to mistwatch, I was told that Thane Oda Wolf-Sister should be there and give me a quest, unfortunately she is still against the Prince Imskar tent with no quest for me whatsoever. I did located as well the entrance to the Skuldafn tunnel, of course i cannot access this either.

I probably ran around the whole map 15-20 times in lat 2 weeks to find anything to no avail.

There should be another part where you revive dome

You still need to do this then if the guy is around. go through the quest tree here.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:A_Council_of_Thanes

Click prequesite quest and work backwards.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    Master Angler
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • paulst1ck
    paulst1ck
    Thanks Buddy, I will give it a try once home.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks Buddy, I will give it a try once home.

NP, it is a stupidly long and complicated quest line. MMORPG.com will tell you it's 30 mins from start to getting in the cave. no *** way is it. I have sent them hate mail over their lie on this but hasn't changed at all. Once you are in the cave it's not that long until the end of the quest line. it gets better once you've done the tedious part.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    Master Angler
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • paulst1ck
    paulst1ck
    Just a quick note: I forgot to mention that Prince and Thane are currently at Fort Amol. Hopefully your advice still apply.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah. At one point the prince insults the ambassadors, and you end up playing mediator to get them back to the planning table. You'll have to kill a giant troll to help the argonians. You run into the Morag Tong assassin you helped in Deshaan, and she'll "encourage" the dunmer ambassador to go back after you get her several bottles of wine from the barracks. You find the skinchangers you fought in Shadowfen are doing the same thing in the camp, and find a traitor. Joruun ends up poisoned, so you have to get vampire blood, find the argonian shaman, and then you get to go into the cave/to Mistwatch.... Then you can get into Joruun's dream and save him......
  • paulst1ck
    paulst1ck
    Thanks a lot guys I did manage to finally fix it. The issue was with Thane who for some reason was in 2 different spots and no quest indications on map.
  • abzdeman
    abzdeman
    ✭✭✭

Hope this helps ^-^!

Cheers!

You life saver. The quest was in the keep wall at fort amol.