Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Vampire quest line?

ShadowWolf613
ShadowWolf613
✭✭✭
Yesterday i was out when the bloodfiends where. I got vampirism and got the quest. Now I've heard a couple people completed the quest at such a low levels like 7+. I'm a level 15. Now a 16 but when i went to do the quest i couldn't do defeat the level 42 guys. I mean I would get there health maybe down a quarter of the way but that is all. So how have other people who where lower level then me complete it?
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did it last night at level 21. I used a Bow. Ranged is pretty much mandatory doing it as a low level. Snuck, got my heavy sneak attack damage. Hit Poison Arrow, Drain Essence (since they put it on your bar), and used Magnum Shot over and over again. They basically can't touch you. After going through the rotation twice, they were dead.
  • ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭
    Yea see im healer using a restoration staff. The only attack i really got is from that and the first ability from the siphoning skill line. Plus the ones they give you during the quest. was only able to get them down to 25%
  • mcatchlovb16_ESO
    mcatchlovb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I am a Sorc but my 2nd bar is duel swords. I made a full set of heavy armor for the quest and went melee. Keep your eye on your health and use Drain Essence when you are getting low. Drain Essence is very good.
  • Klimarov
    Klimarov
    ✭✭✭
    that quest is easy, i did it at 15, as nightblade with 2h sword. i just stunlocked them to death
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    nightblade healer... simply spammed them with funnel health...
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • 7788b14_ESO
    7788b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just remember that's somewhere around a level 38 skill tree so the lower your level the longer it will take you to increase your rank. And you don't have to have any vamp skills on your combat bar as it pulls from your general xp gain.
    Edited by 7788b14_ESO on April 15, 2014 5:43AM
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Still why not have the Essence drain on the bar so to morph it early... not to mention this spells makes your life crazy easyer once you got it.
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to try and do it at 20. I'm currently level 19
  • Elencha
    Elencha
    ✭✭✭
    So is there no way to leave the quest until another time? It won't let me leave by any means I can divine. And I am way too weak to accomplish it.
    I did try the portal to Tamriel, traveling to a player somewhere else and just using my map to go to a wayshrine. If there is a way out so that I can come back at a high=er level, I'd appreciate the heads up.

Edited for clarification.
    Edited by Elencha on April 20, 2014 8:17PM
  • chimichi
    chimichi
    you have to be bugged somehow, as i just did the quest on lvl 18, relogged to fix whisper, which resetted the quest to the very beginning- i was already down the cave, but without the skills. i ported to a wayshrine, went back and finished the quest.
    - and don't relogg while in the crypt, the reset is complete. had to do the hole dialog thing three times.
  • 7788b14_ESO
    7788b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to try and do it at 20. I'm currently level 19

I did it at 20 and some have done it at 13. Search forum for 'vampire guide'
  • Elencha
    Elencha
    ✭✭✭
    chimichi wrote: »
    you have to be bugged somehow, as i just did the quest on lvl 18, relogged to fix whisper, which resetted the quest to the very beginning- i was already down the cave, but without the skills. i ported to a wayshrine, went back and finished the quest.
    - and don't relogg while in the crypt, the reset is complete. had to do the hole dialog thing three times.
    Thanks for this. I eventually got out by being logged out for inactivity while trying to figure out an answer. It put my me at the outside of the crypt. Maybe I was bugged because nothing I did would let me travel out of there. lol

Edited for grammar
    Edited by Elencha on April 21, 2014 4:35AM
  • indigoblades
    indigoblades
    ✭✭✭
    Since its 1 vs 1 and only melee attacks, kiting seems to work. My L28 sorcerer did it easily with the Clanfar morph and the Boundless Storm(has speed morph) by kiting. At the time i did not know drain essence fills ur health and stamina, but use that when your health gets low. It can only be used once per target so dont waste it. I also used the Destruction staff knockback skill but i doubt that is needed since Boundless storm can easily out run the melee attacker. That would be 3 or 4 skill points for You.

I did the quest after that with my L12 KnightBlade .... that fight was much harder (for me) and until i got pattern down,i died about half the time. Then probably 1 in 4 if i was concentrating. i think the key is kiting the worms down while keeping ur health above 30% with potions if u can ... till there health is just below 50% ... do drain essence, ur health then gets maxed and do an assassination move -> kite more to finish off now that ur health is full. My Knightblade was not faster than the melee attackers but i had the bow knock back effect to distance them. I dont consider myself very good using the knightblade mechanics either so it can be done.

I agree it would be hard to do with restoration staff alone. Get boundless storm with the speed morph & at least one conjuration minion to distract them ... to be safe u can get a destruction staff with the knock back skill to kite em too. Others have done it below level 10 with bow and conjuration minion also.