Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

NightBlade

One_ofMany
One_ofMany
✭✭✭
Bosmer or Kitty? They kitty has better stats, but will that matter later after buffs and gear? I like the look of the Bosmer better
  • Zerl
    Zerl
    ✭✭✭
    Personal preference, there is no "wrong" decision at the end of the day.

Sorry if this doesn't help you in deciding. :¬)
  • ursacorb14_ESO
    Both are tough choices, but have you considered the wood elf. They would also make a good Nightblade.

Otherwise I think I would go with the Furry, since the nightblade style of fighting as far as I can tell originates from them.

Or the best Idea is to go with what you think you are going to like the most and have the most fun with race,class and faction wise.

A Bear is a terrible thing to tick off, especially when he is trying to be helpful
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    in Beta I did Imperial and had a blast.
  • One_ofMany
    One_ofMany
    ✭✭✭
    I'm concerned about the race bonuses. I do not want to be gimped in PVP compared to a kitty
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redguard, of course :)
  • kyuven
    kyuven
    ✭✭
    it depends heavily upon what you want to do as well. The class skills are just a guideline, you can make any of them work just fine. However, there are certain things like Bosmer being better at stealth and bows. So, if you plan on using stealth and bows, that would be the way to go.
  • seano509b14a_ESO
    Im a Nord Nightblade and I absolutely love it.
    -In thy name of Akatosh!-
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Both are tough choices, but have you considered the wood elf. They would also make a good Nightblade.

Otherwise I think I would go with the Furry, since the nightblade style of fighting as far as I can tell originates from them.

Or the best Idea is to go with what you think you are going to like the most and have the most fun with race,class and faction wise.

Bosmer is wood elf
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on how you want to play your NB. I play mine as a Death Knight in heavy armour , 2H and leeching health (only use the Siphoning tree), so I went with a dunmer (coz I like dunmer) or I could have gone with a Aldmer or Breton for Magicka. At the end, the passive you chooses will be more important than the racials. Choose in base at what you like race-wise
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    People like to make a big deal about the racials but they really don't matter that much. Play what you find looks good or whichever lore/background you enjoy most.
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go Imperial. 12% health and stamina is better than a 2 meter difference.

I know it says 3 meters, but it is really only about 2 meters when you spec for it with medium armor.
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    One_ofMany wrote: »
    I'm concerned about the race bonuses. I do not want to be gimped in PVP compared to a kitty
    Personally I'm a redguard. But, don't think for one minute that racials are going to make or break your final build. Racials for me are way of knowing how to balance your gear so that you enchant for stamina or magicka to counter any racial weaknesses or shortages. Play whichever race you want to because there'll always be a way of alleviating any shortcomings (only small ones possible). I wouldn't pay much attention to anyone who says you're going to be a >insert derogatory adjective< nightblade becuase you're a X race.

• Cepeza
    Cepeza
    ✭✭✭
    Kitty has more DPS output wearing same gear than Dunmer at veteran ranks, but lacks fire resistance instead. It really depends on how you plan to play your NB.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, you need to be more specific. A Nightblade can fill any role. I have an Argonian Nightblade who heavily focuses on siphoning and restoration staff skills, while my Khajiit prefers dual wield/bow for long-range targets.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Moyana
    Moyana
    ✭✭
    Go for the race that you think you will enjoy the most, there is no right or wrong race, unless you are trying to min-max.
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is from Phoenix12 from tamrielfoundry.com.

From my testing in 4 beta weekends

Without bonuses:

Detection radius is approximately 4m when directly behind an enemy. (closer than this results in being detected)

Detection radius is approximately 15m when directly in front of enemy. (Closer than this results in being detected)

Detection radius describes the radius the target can see you, ie…this radius emanates FROM target.

With Bonuses (medium armor)

Detection radius is approximately 2.6m when directly behind your target. (4m minus 35%)

Detection radius is approximately 9.75m when directly in front of enemy. (15m minus 35%)

Basically, this bonus reduces your targets detection radius.

With racial and medium armor bonuses.

Detection radius is approximately .65m when directly behind target. (4m-3m minus 35%)

Detection radius is approximately 7.8m when directly in front of target. (15m-3m minus 35%)

These bonuses do stack, the racial bonus pushes against their detection radius. Emanates from you.

Basically it is poor wording. The game is filled with poor and confusing descriptions which I am sure will be fixed and/or clarified continually in the future.

Now I will say that these numbers are NOT official, just actual gameplay observations. I did do extensive testing to come up with them.

Hope this helps.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cats have flees. Thus, Bosmer.
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the above post, you are literally looking at a 2 meter difference between racial bonuses and not being a furry or dandelion eater.

So, you shouldn't be one or the other because of 2 meters, unless you like how they look.
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually I am going to make a fresh post with that math in there :smile:

Maybe people will be able to search for it easier.
  • Elvent
    Elvent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guess it's whatever you like the looks of if people are saying it makes little to no difference racial-wise... I was leveling a high elf nightblade but I'm starting to not like the way he looks in armor.. Plus I made him real tall and he's kid of skinny, looks really lanky lol.

I'm probably going to level a new race instead which is a shame because he is level 38 :(
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elvent wrote: »
    Guess it's whatever you like the looks of if people are saying it makes little to no difference racial-wise... I was leveling a high elf nightblade but I'm starting to not like the way he looks in armor.. Plus I made him real tall and he's kid of skinny, looks really lanky lol.

I'm probably going to level a new race instead which is a shame because he is level 38 :(

Wonder when they will sell custom changes in the shop. that would be really handy.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Urnbak
    Urnbak
    One_ofMany wrote: »

It makes no difference at all because everything is soft capped the stats are only there to give you a head start,
    they make no odds at end game, so pick the race you like the look of, coz you're gonna be looking at them all the time.

• Urnbak
    Urnbak
    Elvent wrote: »

Wonder when they will sell custom changes in the shop. that would be really handy.
    Yeah keep him one day they will add something to change the look of your character, would be a shame to delete a lvl 38.
  • Cepeza
    Cepeza
    ✭✭✭
    Hawke wrote: »
    With the above post, you are literally looking at a 2 meter difference between racial bonuses and not being a furry or dandelion eater.

So, you shouldn't be one or the other because of 2 meters, unless you like how they look.

2 meters can matter sometimes, but this is going to be split hairs matter here.

How comes people always forget about furry crit chance racial bonus? btw that one stacks with other crit chance boni, e.g. crit chance from stealth. Can that one be considered as negligible at high ranks, too?
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cepeza wrote: »
    How comes people always forget about furry crit chance racial bonus? btw that one stacks with other crit chance boni, e.g. crit chance from stealth. Can that one be considered as negligible at high ranks, too?

Because of traits and enchanting, all racials are going to be negligible in the long run. They are to help while leveling. Pick what you like. If you want a flea-infested catperson, roll with it.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I tried, but its impossible to take this seriously when you insist on referring to Khajiit only as "kitties."
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    I tried, but its impossible to take this seriously when you insist on referring to Khajiit only as "kitties."

Kitten is even creepier.
  • Sleepwalker
    Sleepwalker
    ✭✭✭

This is the key. All other factors will not make or break your character.
    "QUIT CRYIN'! Do some pushups or something!"

Grayfield - V2 Breton Nightblade
    Windspike - 40 Bosmer Sorceror
  • Cepeza
    Cepeza
    ✭✭✭
    RakeWorm wrote: »

Because of traits and enchanting, all racials are going to be negligible in the long run. They are to help while leveling. Pick what you like. If you want a flea-infested catperson, roll with it.

OK so it seems to become all about gear at veteran ranks again. So obvious since quite a bit of Beth's head staff was involved in Warhammer Online. :#
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK so it seems to become all about gear at veteran ranks again. So obvious since quite a bit of Beth's head staff was involved in Warhammer Online. :#

The gear bonuses so far seem to be very small compared to many other games. How you build your character at max level is the most important thing.