Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Nightblade archer spells

Zilas
Zilas
✭✭✭
So I recently changed from dual-wield to archer and I'm kinda curious to which spells you guys been using on action bars.

I don't feel like spending a *** of gold for respeccing so I'm keeping my dual wield spec for now, which means I can't buy every ability and test it out, so feedback here is really appreciated.
Edited by Zilas on April 9, 2014 5:33AM
  • Moobs
    Moobs
    ✭✭✭
    Poison arrow mostly and scatter shot for pvp as far as his bow skills. Then death stroke, impale, shadow cloak, veiled strike and strife. Mobs die before they reach me using the above.

I start off with a sneak heavy attack, then poison arrow, another heavy attack, if not dead, shadow cloak plus assassins blade to stun them then impale.
    Edited by Moobs on April 9, 2014 5:47AM
  • Zilas
    Zilas
    ✭✭✭
    Moobs wrote: »
    Poison arrow mostly and scatter shot for pvp as far as his bow skills. Then death stroke, impale, shadow cloak, veiled strike and strife. Mobs die before they reach me using the above.

I start off with a sneak heavy attack, then poison arrow, another heavy attack, if not dead, shadow cloak plus assassins blade to stun them then impale.

Thanks for your information, very helpful

By death stroke do you mean assassination ulti?

Is that your tactic for single target mob or also for a group?

When you start the sneak heavy attack, is it while stealthed behind enemy or just sneaked up behind the enemy visible?

• Moobs
    Moobs
    ✭✭✭
    Zilas wrote: »

Thanks for your information, very helpful

By death stroke do you mean assassination ulti?

Is that your tactic for single target mob or also for a group?

When you start the sneak heavy attack, is it while stealthed behind enemy or just sneaked up behind the enemy visible?

Yes the ultimate, I actually switch between it and soul shred as they're both great.

If taking on 2 plus mobs, I usually kill the first via the above method and switch to dual weild for the second using strife more to heal. Shadow cloak plus asassins blade is very powerful for stunning. You can hold left mouse while they're stunned and they'll get knocked down.

And when starting an attack, I'm sneaking (ctrl ) with a long hold on left mouse button. I dont find I need to get behind the target but it's useful for the extra stun.
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    For normal questing you really only need 2 skills, magnumshot and ambush :)
    Knovk your enemies and yourself back, ambush, knock, ambush, knock etc etc Its funny as hell, melees dont have a chance and rangeds get constantly interupted.
    I threw in the snare and heal from siphoning but hardly ever use it, only on bosses that dont die after one magnumshot-ambush combo.
  • Zilas
    Zilas
    ✭✭✭
    Bhakura wrote: »
    For normal questing you really only need 2 skills, magnumshot and ambush :)
    Knovk your enemies and yourself back, ambush, knock, ambush, knock etc etc Its funny as hell, melees dont have a chance and rangeds get constantly interupted.
    I threw in the snare and heal from siphoning but hardly ever use it, only on bosses that dont die after one magnumshot-ambush combo.

What about mobs who are packed with 3?