The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Deconstruction xp without trading with others is too low

autreyjb14_ESO
Having to trade crafted items with others to deconstruct for better xp is a pain in the ass. Why not just give the same xp for deconstructing our own items and eliminate the frustration and time sink of trying to find a partner to do so. Can't really see the point of having to do this it just makes leveling a craft a lot more aggravating.
  • Howitczar
    Howitczar
    You don't have to trade daggers and waste materials like this to level professions. The experience is alright on deconstruction of your own stuff the trading just makes it work productive.

You just have to level up your character, check the bookshelves, deconstruct the gear you do find, and you'll be surprised when you have level 25+ blacksmithing, woodworking, and clothier when you hit veteran. All with minimal effort on your part.
  • Destabilizator
    I hate the part that you can put only 5 items into trade window, it's just horrid...
    Vertor et revertor.
  • ArRashid
    ArRashid
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is made precisely to discourage this. In my mind this is something close to exploiting, so it's good that it's annoying to do.
  • Destabilizator
    ArRashid wrote: »
    That is made precisely to discourage this. In my mind this is something close to exploiting, so it's good that it's annoying to do.

You can always go through guildbank (you + your mate + your alts > 10 for bank to be opened).

Vertor et revertor.
  • Lupinemw
    Lupinemw
    ✭✭✭
    @Destabilizator I think if you are in a guild your alts only show once no matter how many you have as its the account that joins not the character.

To be honest I like the way the system works. I'm bored of playing things that are too easy, so playing something that makes me think and forces me to make a priority of one thing over another is a breath of fresh air.
    Elysium
    EU Casual Mature Daggerfall Covenant Guild

Would you like to know more?! Check us out below
    elysium-eso.guildlaunch.com
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lupinemw wrote: »
    To be honest I like the way the system works. I'm bored of playing things that are too easy, so playing something that makes me think and forces me to make a priority of one thing over another is a breath of fresh air.

Absolutely! :smile:

I remember how hard it was to become a master craftsman in DAoC. Only very few people actually got there. Which made master crafters rare and sought after. TESO isn't quite at the same level, but it's a big improvement over the usual you get these days.
  • Lupinemw
    Lupinemw
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed, I play a game called Astro Empires and some of the research can take months the higher up the scale you get.

Thats what I like about ESO it takes time and that means it'll keep me interested for longer and means I'm getting more than monies worth. Its not like making something isn't instant, they could tag a time onto making any item. We would have something to moan about then :)
    Elysium
    EU Casual Mature Daggerfall Covenant Guild

Would you like to know more?! Check us out below
    elysium-eso.guildlaunch.com
  • Dunhilda
    Dunhilda
    ✭✭✭
    ArRashid wrote: »

Oh? I take it you didn't read the crafting books near the crafting stations THEY said to do this.

• Destabilizator
    @Destabilizator I think if you are in a guild your alts only show once no matter how many you have as its the account that joins not the character.

I tought that too and I'll test it today, because what if I want my main in this guild, but not the alt (because it burn's its guild limit)?
    Vertor et revertor.
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never traded crafting with anyone and I'm Level 27 Blacksmith on my lvl 32. If you want to Level insanely quickly then yes you will need to trade, but you can level your skills quite normally without.
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's worse is the crafting xp from everything BUT extracting. Crafting new items, and improving items grants such low xp that if the bar didn't flash I wouldn't know that it actually increased. I've gotten skill ups from research I guess but that takes so long it's not a reliable source to level up.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I tought that too and I'll test it today, because what if I want my main in this guild, but not the alt (because it burn's its guild limit)?

It would not burn the guild limit. The limit is 500 accounts joined, not characters. So alts are of no consequence.
  • Destabilizator
    Sharee wrote: »

It would not burn the guild limit. The limit is 500 accounts joined, not characters. So alts are of no consequence.

I ment my limit, 5 guilds.
    Vertor et revertor.
  • Bluntski
    Bluntski
    ✭✭
    You are supposed to break down stuff you find while questing. I have had zero issues leveling bs (currently lv46).
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

I ment my limit, 5 guilds.

I see. Still, it is your account that is limited to joining 5 guilds, not your characters. So alts don't matter.
  • uninclined
    ESO is attempting to make each alliance create it's community with a lack of AH and smaller gains for crafting solo.

join a crafting guild and you'll find a better place to trade/sell/purchase items that you could use for your craft. there has never been anything easy with an elder scrolls game...so why would they change this
  • knightblaster
    knightblaster
    ✭✭✭
    That's also the reason why crafting items, in and of itself, grants little crafting XP -- it would be too easy to grind it up quickly, like we see with provisioning, for example. So the system is designed such that your crafting XP comes from the more painful (and slower) process of deconstructing things you find -- or, faster, if you work as a team and deconstruct each others' combines (supporting teamwork by design). It isn't designed to be powerleveled up by stockpiling mats and then grinding out combines as in other games -- at least not with the main crafts. Provisioning works that way, which is why it is basically trivial to level.