Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorcerer with Stamina Focus Build?

jclementi9
jclementi9
Soul Shriven
Is a Sorcerer with a Stamina Focus a viable build?

My thoughts are to use mostly weapon damage with Two-Handed and Bow(secondary) hence the focus on stamina. Stamina to magic ratio perhaps 3:1. Primary reason for being the sorcerer is to use the dark magic line. Probably would wear each type of armor in the beginning.

Is this suicide?
  • bantad87
    bantad87
    ✭✭✭
    I use a melee sorc build, but mine is more magically based.

Breton sorc; full light armor and sword/board w/ a bow as my secondary.

I primarily use the daedric tree and sword/board.

Bound Armor, Low slash, the gap closer charge in the shield tree, mages fury / critical surge (I switch them), and volocious curse.

I actually really love sorc for melee, because using light armor gives me capped magicka regen and magical mitigation, and bound armor caps my armor rating, which makes me really tanky with sword/board, but with capped mana regen and capped stamina regent from gear, I still dish out fantastic damage.

Focusing on the sorc skill line and magicka, plus carrying a bow and sword/board makes me able to fight at any range; melee, mid, or long.

I don't see why a build focusing on stamina would be any different.
    Edited by bantad87 on April 9, 2014 4:39AM
  • Denssor
    Denssor
    ✭✭
    If you are going to stamina based you will probably want to wear mostly medium armor and then a bit of light armor (5 pieces of medium, 2 pieces of light). This will give you some nice boost to stamina, as well as help you a bit in the magicka field.

The sorc also has some nice armor buffs (Lightning Form and Bound Armor), you may want to look into picking up one of those to help with those tougher fights.
  • chaosngn_ESO
    chaosngn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    As you start out this works great, but as you get higher in level you will soon find yourself building more of a magicka build, especially if you go vampire.

For me, the only thing I use my two hander for now is Carve IV (Cleave) to build up ultimate and just basic swinging at the mobs.

I originally built my character as a Thane, but I'm slowly moving toward more of a ranged class now that I am a vampire.
  • bantad87
    bantad87
    ✭✭✭
    As you start out this works great, but as you get higher in level you will soon find yourself building more of a magicka build, especially if you go vampire.

For me, the only thing I use my two hander for now is Carve IV (Cleave) to build up ultimate and just basic swinging at the mobs.

I originally built my character as a Thane, but I'm slowly moving toward more of a ranged class now that I am a vampire.

I found this to be the opposite for me; as I levelled I switched to more stamina damage, and only use magicka for utility. I run pierce armor, low slash, defensive stance/invasion, critical surge, and bolt escape - and I swapped from light armor to medium armor. With critical surge my damage is overcharged, and bolt escape gives me a gap closer/escape, the rest of my skills are used to control the fight and kill the enemy.

As a sorc, having the ability to use magicka for bolt escape, and stamina for damage, means I can kite or gap close all I want and not have to worry about having no resources for damage.

• 7788b14_ESO
    7788b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    A thread here by one melee sorcerer said he had to respec at lvl 50 for the last big boss fight. Some reported it was very hard without range skills.