The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Question about Imperial characters in ESO

aedra
aedra
✭✭✭
Forgive me if this is a bit obvious, but I'd like to just clarify the situation with Imperials in the time period of ESO since I'm not very familiar with all the lore. If you play as an Imperial, you are essentially an outcast fleeing from Cyrodill and Daedra worship? And they are technically not Imperials, but Colovians? How different is Imperial culture much different in the Second Era to say Fourth Era (aka Skyrim?) Thanks for any help.
Edited by aedra on April 9, 2014 4:05AM
  • dungya
    dungya
    hey there! i dont have a big knowledge base of the Elderscrolls lore...but from what i have found in ESO is that the imperials dont really have much of a kingdom for themselves (as you said they are fleeing from cyrodill and daedra worship) and are probably struggling quite a bit, life would be rough i would say. where as in skyrim they really have a solid base, a solid economy and kingship? (forgive me if im totally wrong; its been forever since i played skyrim)
  • RavingArmy
    @aedra‌
    Based off the lore (Reman's establishment of the Empire during the First Era) and the Character Creation screen for those who picked up the Imperial Edition and/or Explorer's Pack add-on, "Imperial" is still perfectly normal to use. It might be something of a bitter joke, under the circumstances, but it would be accurate. From what I've been able to find, "Colovian" is to "Imperial" as "Californian" is to "American."