Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Werewolf Thoughts?

Wakkatata
Wakkatata
So, I love being a werewolf, there are just a few things that I feel need some improvement. If you guys agree, maybe we can get ZOS to update them in the future?

1. Lack of Active Abilities.
Leap and Roar are awesome abilities, I just feel like they aren't enough. I have all this stamina, and nothing to really use it on. First, Roar is difficult to activate, period. There's a huge delay in when I press "2" and when my character actually roars, that could use some streamlining. Second, how about a Savage Bite, or some kind of Flurry. I'm not sure of the PvP implications yet, but the Roar and Leap just don't do much for PvE, sure I can leap to initiate at first, and Roar to save myself, but other than that its click click click click click click click hold it....click click click. And with the current bug for leaping, where the animation gets stuck with my character kneeling to leap at something but not doing anything, and being unable to attack or devour, running my precious time down, makes me never want to use leap...ever.

2. Lack of Levels
The werewolf skill tree maxes out at 10, it's very easy to level, and leveling it doesn't bring much reward. Being an MMO, and an Elder Scroll game, it feels like it should be more rewarding. There also seems to be a bug with the "Leader of the Pack" transformation Morph. It causes me to revert back to human form after only a couple of seconds in the Transformation. Huge deal breaker.

3. Animations
The werewolf model is AMAZING, I love it, it's beautiful, but the animations are clanky and weird and just don't feel right. With such a beautiful game, with great character and enemy animations everywhere else, it makes me feel kinda like I got conned. Would be nice if sprinting put you down on all fours with some wicked feral looking running animation, and if leaping wasn't out of a game from the 90's, there's basically no animation for Leaping, "something" picks my character up off the ground and puts it down next to my target, with no effort on my part, add some dust and a shaky screen, done. Tsk tsk...

4. Conclusion
So I'll update this as I earn more morphs for my abilities, and do some PvP. Feel free to discuss what you will, but please no trolling. Let me know what you guys think about my ideas, and lets get ZOS in on this.

Edit 1: So, on further study, Devour has become the most over powered ability a Werewolf has. If you guys don't know this, Devour is amazing. It has no cooldown, it can be spammed, it never degrades, and it can be used while moving. Giving you 100% sustainability while you have a source of bodies. Still not sure of the impact on PvP, but I'm testing that this morning.

Side 1: Also, I feel like anyone who says their attacks as a Werewolf even compare in damage to their regular character form, are doing it wrong. Werewolf form is designed to do more damage based on your stamina, which fits my character perfectly, because I have 35 pts put in stamina, and 0 in Health and 0 in Magicka. This makes my attacks in WW form do AT LEAST triple the damage of my regular non WW attacks. And with the attack speed bonuses from Berserker Morph, my transformed attacks are utterly amazing.

Edited by Wakkatata on April 9, 2014 4:40PM
  • Mustaklaki
    Mustaklaki
    ✭✭
    Really fun, looks awesome, but you don't get enough time as a Werewolf to play as Werewolf. Devour has a cap, and gets harder and harder to maintain, and I wish the max you could stay in the form for was more than just 2 minutes or so. The lack of a "real" ultimate ability and taking extra poison damage are mostly the real effects of being a Werewolf, instead of positives.

Either ultimate-cost needs to come way down, or the passives need to stay on while out of Werewolf, otherwise you don't get much benefit in comparison to Vampire or in comparison to a player without a disease at all.
    Edited by Mustaklaki on April 9, 2014 4:02AM
  • Locksoli
    Locksoli
    ✭✭
    So far, from what I have seen on player werewolves and npc werewolves, I like the npc versions better. They can stay in wolf form as long as they wish, they get a wicked four legged walk and sprinting animation, and they get bite and flurry attacks to match. I do plan to become a werewolf, but I feel like the players just gained a watered down, tamed dog version instead of what a werewolf should be like. I feel like in a fight between a high level npc werewolf, and a player werewolf, the npc version would do better in the bravado portion of the fight.
  • Girault
    Girault
    I saw this idea in another thread; perhaps instead of reducing the cost of transforming, Zeni should make transformation usable at any time without a timer, but all your abilities cost a certain amount of Ultimate. That way you could switch into your form more reliably, and stay in it indefinitely as long as you don't burn all your Ultimate up. Perhaps Devour could be changed to restore an amount of Ultimate, allowing more ability use.
    Of course, fixing animation glitches and other bugs probably ought to take priority...but from what I've read, werewolves really don't have a whole lot going for them right now.

And I still can't find any bloody werewolves to bite me. *grumblegrumble*
  • Wakkatata
    Wakkatata
    Updated post with Edit1 and Side Note 1
  • biodragon
    biodragon
    ✭✭
    I hope that the developers will change this skill line a bit.
    I saw this idea in another thread; perhaps instead of reducing the cost of transforming, Zeni should make transformation usable at any time without a timer, but all your abilities cost a certain amount of Ultimate. That way you could switch into your form more reliably, and stay in it indefinitely as long as you don't burn all your Ultimate up. Perhaps Devour could be changed to restore an amount of Ultimate, allowing more ability use.
    Of course, fixing animation glitches and other bugs probably ought to take priority...but from what I've read, werewolves really don't have a whole lot going for them right now. [...]

I like that idea :smile:

1. I disagree with "Lack of active abilities", because ww are savage beast, not trained soldier ;)
    2. Agree if WW mode will be not limited by time.
    3. Fully agree.

Still transformation at my will and not time limited is what I'm hoping in future in that skill line. Also in sake preventing walking in WW mode to city (immersion), all non-WW NPCs (guards, soldiers, NPC guild members) could be hostile and try kill you.
    Edited by biodragon on April 15, 2014 3:10PM