Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templar build question

Ashigaru
Ashigaru
✭✭✭✭
I am vr1 and i am having heck doing any kind of real dps. I am good at sustained but terrible at burst and its really hurting me now. I am mainly a bow templar with resto staff for back up when is needed so i hardly touch it really since i dont group that much. I am hoping someone can toss some suggestions out or offer some advice on how to help me with a little more burst or something, i can last a good time solo except for the stamina drain but as long as something is dieing i do ok using reflection.

There is my build, thanks for any advice.

http://skills.tesotools.com/#1o6vsexeq2e54yo
  • jmido8
    jmido8
    ✭✭✭
    Your build seems too focused on survivability to do lots of dps. For one, you're using all ranged weapons but using heavy armor. If you're looking for dps, switch to medium armor and focus on raising you crit rate. You can get around 40-50% crit rate with medium armor passives, bow passives, weapon traits, etc.

Also, one of the awesome things about a bowplar is that we have some strong spells that not only do great damage, but add lots of utility and gel really well with bow. Javelin throw and sun fire are two spell you might want to try working into your setup. If you utilize both spells & stamina attacks, you're going to end up with a lot higher dps and burst.

I haven't played around with backlash, but in theory it sounds awesome for burst potential. Also, the Ardric Spear skill line and a 2hander is pretty strong, especially for aoe damage. The build i want to try next is: 2hander > puncturing strikes, solar flare (the aoe morph), cleave, momentum, critical charge, and radial sweep ult. It's more of an aoe damage build but I feel like it should be really strong.